User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had my new Momentum 320G out twice so far, and it has the Cooper Roadmaster tires on it, with cold psi of 125. On both trips I saw low to mid 140's on all the tires. Little higher than I was expecting, but with all four tires running within several psi of each other, I didn't worry about it.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. Today was another travel day and the pressures were the same. Sounds like it's normal. I'll call Cooper anyway next week to see what they say but all seems fine. We've got almost 6000 miles on her already, no issues!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve95628 View Post
    Thanks all. Today was another travel day and the pressures were the same. Sounds like it's normal. I'll call Cooper anyway next week to see what they say but all seems fine. We've got almost 6000 miles on her already, no issues!
    Sounds like you are in good shape. Please let us know what Cooper has to say.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wondering if this is ok for Cooper RM170 tires to get to 144psi. I fill them cold to the stated pressure on the placard of 125psi. The spec sheet for these tires states max pressure of 125psi. I assume that's cold tho.

Traveling through the southwest with ambient temps over 100.

Attachment 34997
    That should be no problem, tires can go up to between 20 and 25% of the max cold pressure. I have those same tires on my Solitude 310 and have the alarm set to 155 psi.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgunter5 View Post
    Seems like a rather large increase for such a low temperature. I recently installed a factory TMPS and cold pressure is 65 PSI, while traveling they increased to 71 PSI and the temp was up to 135 degrees F. Sorry I can't give any more guidance.
    Having had two blowouts on our previous 5er and then another with a $1750 insurance claim on our Solitude, please let me add my 3-cents worth...

Our 2010 Rockwood UL 5er came with load range "C" tires. It blew one that I had set to max cold pressure. Next trip we blew one that was set 20 PSI under max cold pressure. Our Solitude came with Westlake load range "E" tires. On the 70 degree morning that our third blowout happened I had carefully set all four tires to the max cold pressure of 80 Psi, as many on this forum have stated to be the correct way set tire pressure. 90 minutes later I was on the side of the freeway changing a blown tire amidst the shrapnel of my wheel well! The other three tires were at 100 PSI! I let some air out for the rest of the drive home.

That day I made two decisions! One was to buy only Carlisle tires. I had Carlisle tires on my 39 ft. 1987 Layton for 20 years with no problems. Four more Carlisle's were on that trailer when I sold it 5 years later. After the Westlake blowout I purchased new 16 inch Carlisle trailer radial tires that are 15-Ply load range "G" and rated 110 PSI cold. My alloy wheels are rated 110 PSI.

Two, I bought an EEZ-Tire monitor system. Mine has 10 sensors with a repeater (42 ft. trailer). I could not believe what I found... My tires GAIN 25 - 35 PSI each while traveling at 62 MPH. It happens faster when its hotter out, and the tires on the sun-side gain 10 LBS more than the shade-side. I asked my tire guy what pressure to start, and we decided on 95 PSI. That lasted an hour until I was in a rest area letting air out of my tires. Maybe the tires can take more pressure than the cold max of 110 but my rims cannot.

Over the last three years I have mostly perfected my system... I make sure the trailer tires (Carlisle's) are between 85 and 90 PSI. when we start out. If it is not very hot outside then my tires will stop gaining pressure just under 110 PSI. If it is sunny and 85+ degrees then the pressures rise faster and flirt with the 110 max cold PSI. I may have to eventually let some air out.

Disclaimer: There are folks on this forum that will vehemently disagree with my logic and procedures. I do not know what they have tried or how many blowouts they have had. I KNOW how many we have had and what has worked and what has not. I also know that no Carlisle tire has never let me down and since I got the EEZ-Tire monitoring system (knock on wood) I have never had a blowout in three trips from Michigan to Florida and back and a myriad of 2-3 hour vacation trips.

There's my 3-cents...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

currently we are on our way to Salome AZ.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same setup as you do and if I run them at 125 psi cold in less than 10 minutes I'm at 135-139 if its hot out easy 144, because of the conditions of the roads I normally run at 115 psi cold even with the 21k GVW of my momentum these tires have all kinds of extra capacity so I feel good about less pressure to help with all the bumps and pot holes plus my hot PSI is around 135 psi
    Mike and Renee with Gracie our Golden Retriever on a full time journey exploring our great Country
    2021 Momentum 395m with Factory installed 8k axles with disc brakes and solar package, 4976# CCC
    2015 F350 CC LB DRW. Firestone #5000 air bags with Air One remote control and Bilstein shocks
    25k B&W Companion on factory 5th wheel mounts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fez111, has it right. Not sure what type camper wheels can handle 140+ Sustainable pressure, but I am 100% sure the life of the tire is significantly shortened due to heat build up. Unless the tires on the trailer are supporting their maximum load (pin weight not included) there would be no reason to start out with maximum cold inflation.
    Please for your own safety and others, take a look at this inflation to weight guide find your tire size they even have a guide for ST tires some recommend adding about 10% to suggested setting. What ever you decide on make sure the full face of the tire is contacting the ground.
    This can be observed by making the tire wet and then observe the pattern on the ground or tire tread.

https://tirepressure.com/
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    My G rated start out at 110psi. Most of the time they hit 127, 128. I have seen the hit 130 to 132 on a day when it's in the 90's.
    same as mine do.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wondering if this is ok for Cooper RM170 tires to get to 144psi. I fill them cold to the stated pressure on the placard of 125psi. The spec sheet for these tires states max pressure of 125psi. I assume that's cold tho.

Traveling through the southwest with ambient temps over 100.

Attachment 34997
    It isn’t necessary to inflate those tires to 125 psi cold unless you have the maximum weight of 4805 lbs on the tire. Please look at the Cooper Inflation chart. If I recall 4000 lbs per tire requires 100 psi cold inflation.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit late to this thread, but my Coopers also run at about 145. Did you ever get a response from Cooper?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast