User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 2019 Model 310GK front awning

Could someone who owns a 2019 Solitude 310 GK please tell me or send a pic of where the fuse for the front awning is located. I have read posts on this forum and it is not clear to me where the fuse can be found. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On mine there is a 15 amp fuse in the fuse panel that (until I modified that cheap power arrangement) ran just about all the items on the control panel.

Is it just the front awning that doesn't work? I don't think there is a separate fuse for that. Maybe time to investigate if the wiring or switch for it is bad (or the motor?).

You might check behind the control panel too. As I recall there may be at least one fuse back there; just not sure what it is for.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to proper sub-forum (Electrical System and Wiring).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Awning Fixed on 2019 310-GK

I recently found a ladder and I contacted Grand Design concerning my front awning that ceased to go in and go out. On the advice of Grand Design I popped of the plastic motor covers (easy done). I wiggled the wires that were exposed and I also disconnected and re-connected the two spade connectors going to the awning motor. I went down the ladder and tried the awning at the switch inside the control panel. The front awning worked!

Prior to this I had looked for fuses .....I could'nt find a dedicated front awning fuse. In addition, I checked the front awning switch with my multi-meter at the control panel.

I hope this comment is helpful. In the research process I flipped through the owners manual and like so many other owners. I did not find an electrical schematic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a front awning in our Momentum 397TH that will not extend anymore. I couldn't find a fuse either. What wires am I looking for when I take off the plastic cover on the awning?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you take the plastic cover off at the right side of the awning, as you're facing the trailer, you'll find the motor. There will be two wires coming out of the motor and
    going to connectors. You can run power directly from the battery to those wires and that will tell you if the motor is good. At the top of the awning mounting bracket
    on the trailer is where the wires enter the trailer. My awning had a bad connection in that group of wires.

Does the awning move at all, or just do nothing?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worked about 10 times and now nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    If you take the plastic cover off at the right side of the awning, as you're facing the trailer, you'll find the motor. There will be two wires coming out of the motor and
    going to connectors. You can run power directly from the battery to those wires and that will tell you if the motor is good. At the top of the awning mounting bracket
    on the trailer is where the wires enter the trailer. My awning had a bad connection in that group of wires.

Does the awning move at all, or just do nothing?
    Worked about 10 times and now nothing. I've tried it on the one control panel and using the switch. Neither one works. The other two awnings work. It stopped working while sitting in the same campsite so I know we didn't hit it in anything during a travel day. I will check the wire that you're talking about. Think my husband used a device to check the power. Something that reads power.
    Last edited by MichelleHanks; 09-02-2021 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Misspellings

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleHanks View Post
    Worked about 10 times and now nothing. I've tried it on the one control panel and using the switch. Neither one works. The other two awnings work. It stopped working while sitting in the same campsite so I know we didn't hit it in anything during a travel day. I will check the wire that you're talking about. Think my husband used a device to check the power. Something that reads power.
    You can use a VOM to check for power at the motor, rather than run wires to the motor. If you have power to the motor, but it doesn't work, there's your problem. Is the trailer pretty
    new or do you just not use the awning very much?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Trailer but used little

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    You can use a VOM to check for power at the motor, rather than run wires to the motor. If you have power to the motor, but it doesn't work, there's your problem. Is the trailer pretty
    new or do you just not use the awning very much?
    We have a 2021 Momentum 397TH and I got to use it about 10 times. One day it just stopped so I'm trying to trouble shoot it fully before calling a mobile tech. We have until Apr 2022 to get it fixed under warranty but I'm trying to avoid a dealership at all costs for diagnosis.