User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    I was surprised in all my research to learn the medium duty trucks actually could pull less. Some were even about 15k lbs. trailer towing, but with payloads over 8k. Crazy.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR
    I wonder why that is given he has the same power train but with much beefier differentials and a beefier frame....all Ram 4500/5500 trucks start out as cab and chassis trucks so no idea if he even has a door sticker with his load limits on it since it has a custom bed on it.....
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KWinters3865 View Post
    we plan ordering our 378MBS-R in a few months and pulling it with a F350SRW. If you can say, how much off MSRP were you able to negotiate in todays climate? Going full time this winters. Thanks
    30% off MSRP.

Dry pin weight on our rig as delivered was 3220 lb. That did not include propane, 2 SLA batteries, or the W/D combo added by the dealer. Factory options on our 378MBS-R that added about 900 lbs to the UVW and ~530 lbs to the advertised unloaded pin weight of 2686 lb included the 5500w generator, factory solar, and dual pane windows. We changed out the MorRyde Rubber pin box for the Reese Goosebox and I swapped the 2 SLAs for two 200ah LiFePO4s. I don't suspect those changes resulted in a gain or loss, but at least I don't have a 150 lb hitch in my bed.

I have not had a chance to scale the rig when loaded for camping, but will soon. We just returned from 5 days of dry camping. With fresh water tank nearly full (tank looks to be over or just behind axles based on fresh water dump valve location) and a week's worth of provisions, I'm guessing loaded pin weight is in the 3700-3800lb range. We did have a loaded 4-bike hitch receiver rack. I told my wife that based upon my exact calculations of the lever arm effect and me having to load her HEAVY town cruiser bike, the weight of the bikes + rack exactly offset the weight of the W/D on the pin. She remains skeptical.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KWinters3865 View Post
    we plan ordering our 378MBS-R in a few months and pulling it with a F350SRW. If you can say, how much off MSRP were you able to negotiate in todays climate? Going full time this winters. Thanks
    Hard to say for sure since I was trading in our Reflection 5th wheel, but I would say in that 26% to 30% range off of MSRP.
    2016 Silverado 3500HD Duramax CC SRW
    2016 Reflection 357BHS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilveradoSandberg View Post
    As a preface, I understand a DRW truck is in order here in the long term and it is in the plans, but I was somewhat surprised to how I came out on my 3500HD SRW as we just picked up our new 2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS yesterday.

After all I read about how this would probably never work, it looks like I just made it legally for my payload on the truck, tires, and axles. What did I miss or did I just barely pull it off?

• 2019 Silverado 4x4 Crew 3500HD SRW
    • 5th wheel was light to medium loaded compared to how we usually travel
    • Truck 90% full tank of diesel
    • about 100lbs of tools not usually along for the ride need for new 5th delivery
    • empty fresh, gray, and black tanks
    • wife was along with me and in the truck with me

Attachment 35012Attachment 35013
    Did you ever upgrade to the dually or do you still pull with the SRW?

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it would be interesting on what he have.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12