User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Samsung fridge woes

I tried searching but don’t see what I thought I’ve seen before, so apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

Rig parked, power off for 4 weeks.
    Heading out tomorrow, so plugged into 15a shore power and started the fridge up. The lights are on but no one is is home.

Lights on, it’s getting power but the compressor is not kicking on.

Anyone have luck troubleshooting this issue? Are there internal breakers or fuses in the fridge? The Samsung user manual is not helpful.

Thanks!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    I tried searching but don’t see what I thought I’ve seen before, so apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

Rig parked, power off for 4 weeks.
    Heading out tomorrow, so plugged into 15a shore power and started the fridge up. The lights are on but no one is is home.

Lights on, it’s getting power but the compressor is not kicking on.

Anyone have luck troubleshooting this issue? Are there internal breakers or fuses in the fridge? The Samsung user manual is not helpful.

Thanks!
    Your refrigerator could be in demo mode. The owners manual tells how to take it out of demo mode and put it into cooling mode.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to state that, it’s not in demo mode. I turned that no/off to see if it then kicked on.
    Checking for secondary panel, but it is getting power so I don’t think that’s it.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, never mind!
    It was t demo mode but apparently just wasn’t pulling enough power to kick on.
    I was at the the rig doing work last week and forgot to pull the battery disconnect, so drained the batteries. Must have taken a few minutes for things to kick back into gear - it’s on and cooling now.
    I suppose we can delete this thread!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maldds View Post
    Your refrigerator could be in demo mode. The owners manual tells how to take it out of demo mode and put it into cooling mode.
    We're you able to find a service co. for yours?
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Okay, never mind!
    It was t demo mode but apparently just wasn’t pulling enough power to kick on.
    I was at the the rig doing work last week and forgot to pull the battery disconnect, so drained the batteries. Must have taken a few minutes for things to kick back into gear - it’s on and cooling now.
    I suppose we can delete this thread!
    We tend to leave these threads in place for users to find and refer to in the future. Since it's your thread, you can close it if you don't want any more posts in it, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We tend to leave these threads in place for users to find and refer to in the future. Since it's your thread, you can close it if you don't want any more posts in it, though.

Rob
    Thanks Rob!
    It might be helpful. I recall seeing a mention earlier this week that, when plugging in with low batteries, the system does a power charge first and a lot of amperage is diverted there. Could be why my fridge took a hot minute to fully power up.

Side note, I also didn’t appreciate how quiet these Samsungs are, even in power cool and freeze modes. I couldn’t hear it running until I put my ear to the door!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    We're you able to find a service co. for yours?
    I never was able to find a service co. for my refrigerator. A service co. that my wife called that was out of our area suggested we unplug the fridge for 24 hours and then plug it back in. They said if it ran for two weeks we would be good to go. We tried this and it worked! Samsung never suggested unplugging for this long. As a side note, Samsung customer service is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. I pray I never have to deal with them again.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maldds View Post
    I never was able to find a service co. for my refrigerator. A service co. that my wife called that was out of our area suggested we unplug the fridge for 24 hours and then plug it back in. They said if it ran for two weeks we would be good to go. We tried this and it worked! Samsung never suggested unplugging for this long. As a side note, Samsung customer service is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. I pray I never have to deal with them again.
    Sadly the fridge stopped cooling again. Off to a GD dealer the beginning of August and probably have to be without it for a month or more. Bummer.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat