Thread: Bad Luck?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Luck?

Okay Grand Design, enough is enough. 2018 399th. 2 pin boxes, brake failures every trip, bad controller, hydraulic line burned by brakes, brake magnets failed and now sitting in a truck stop with a broken leaf spring on a 4 year old camper. Bad luck? Maybe so.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All stuff grand Design doesn’t have anything to do with
    They just assemble them

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then who is responsible? The component manufacturers?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    All stuff grand Design doesn’t have anything to do with
    They just assemble them
    That would be true of every single part on all RV's Grand Design sells. Are you saying Grand Design doesn't have any responsibility for anything on the RV's they sell? If that's true then dealers have no responsibility for anything either because they don't make OR assemble the RV's and parts. What if screws or clamps or some small part that is essential to an appliance fails? Is that not Suburban or Furrion or Jensen's issue because they just assemble those appliances? If that's the case then we all need to drill deeper to find out what company really made something and it's going to lead back to some sweat shop in China for most things.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    That would be true of every single part on all RV's Grand Design sells. Are you saying Grand Design doesn't have any responsibility for anything on the RV's they sell? If that's true then dealers have no responsibility for anything either because they don't make OR assemble the RV's and parts. What if screws or clamps or some small part that is essential to an appliance fails? Is that not Suburban or Furrion or Jensen's issue because they just assemble those appliances? If that's the case then we all need to drill deeper to find out what company really made something and it's going to lead back to some sweat shop in China for most things.
    Lol. Did I say that GD had no responsibility?
    The have a responsibility to follow the warranty
    This is a 4 year old rig and they are frustrated with Grand Design

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Lol. Did I say that GD had no responsibility?
    The have a responsibility to follow the warranty
    This is a 4 year old rig and they are frustrated with Grand Design
    I get it. And I get they're frustrated. After the warranty is done, it's all on us. This is true of all RV companies, not just Grand Design but I do know GD stands behind their RV's better than most and their customer service is usually very good. My point was in many cases RV owners don't know who to be contacting. Manufacturers point to the dealers and parts companies. Dealers and parts companies point at the manufacturers. When that all fails, we get pointed to the manufacturer of the parts that are part of the part that failed. It's head scratching at best.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    I get it. And I get they're frustrated. After the warranty is done, it's all on us. This is true of all RV companies, not just Grand Design but I do know GD stands behind their RV's better than most and their customer service is usually very good. My point was in many cases RV owners don't know who to be contacting. Manufacturers point to the dealers and parts companies. Dealers and parts companies point at the manufacturers. When that all fails, we get pointed to the manufacturer of the parts that are part of the part that failed. It's head scratching at best.
    When you buy most items you get one owners manual
    Car,truck,television,lawn mower etc
    When we buy a trailer we get a packet with every component manual. These are different animals than most products
    The info is there of who to contact when issues arise
    I just see a lot of “bashing” of rv manufactures here and elsewhere and most times it is unjustified
    This post is an example since they hadn’t even contacted GD as far as we know

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are missing the point. These problems have been since day one, not 4 years down the road. Brakes failed 3 times in 1st year. Pin box failed twice in 1st year. Sorry if you don't understand our frustration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Grand Design has been contacted multiple times.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff&Kam View Post
    You are missing the point. These problems have been since day one, not 4 years down the road. Brakes failed 3 times in 1st year. Pin box failed twice in 1st year. Sorry if you don't understand our frustration.
    I thought this was about a broken spring???

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast