Likes Likes:  0

Thread: In Oregon

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Oregon

We are heading West to Eugene, Oregon. Currently we are in an RV park at Burns, Oregon. U.S. 20 to Bend, then not sure the best, easiest route to Eugene. Anyone have suggestions? Hwy 20 is a decent, newly resurfaced road, just a little winding. I would be ok with something like it. I do know there are some roads in that area that are not RV friendly.
    2015 Solitude 320x
    2023 GMC 3500HD SRW Duramax long box
    B&W companion hitch non-slider

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onespeed View Post
    We are heading West to Eugene, Oregon. Currently we are in an RV park at Burns, Oregon. U.S. 20 to Bend, then not sure the best, easiest route to Eugene. Anyone have suggestions? Hwy 20 is a decent, newly resurfaced road, just a little winding. I would be ok with something like it. I do know there are some roads in that area that are not RV friendly.
    Top off you tank and head west on 20 to Bend, then Sisters. Follow signs for Eugene as you go over the Santiam Pass. As you go down the west side, follow the signs for Eugene and 126. There was a bad fire last summer and the cleanup is still going on. Then might be a flagging crew stop once or twice thru that area.

I travel that road almost every week for work.

If you have any more questions, I can answer them. I live in Springfield ( right next to Eugene ). KEN

Wait till after Monday if you can to avoid the 90's temps.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks Ken. That's what I was looking for. Got to keep rolling though, so we'll have to suffer the high temps today.