User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude S-Class versus Reflection

Hi All (obvious newbie here),

I have a deal pending on a S-Class 3740-BH and a deal pending on a Reflection 311BHS. Both of these models check off many boxes, which includes a half-bath for my granddaughters. Since this is a Solitude-specific arm of the forum, I would like to know if anyone has experienced the Reflection model and the S-Class? If so, is there a $10k-$20k difference between the two?

A little background: The unit will be a live-in for about 6 months during my home construction. After 6 months, use will declines to appx 6-6 weeks a year. All comments and critical information is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

If you have the option, spend some time in both and see what's better. We have a 311 and are happy with it. We would have preferred the 3740, but we didn't want another dually while we live in Idaho. Our plan down the road is to possibly get a 3740 and a dually and go full time, but that's about 3 years away. Looking at pictures, the 3740 floor plan looks pretty good to us. Cant help with your question on price difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at used Solitudes and bought a new Reflection. Ours is only 30 ft long and really only holds two people comfortably. But I fit in many places the 40 footers can't go. I really like the way the somewhat lightweight and shorter trailer tows. I can even tow a up to 3500 lb 14 ft long trailer behind it in most states but I haven't done that yet.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShagTimeRV View Post
    Hi All (obvious newbie here),

I have a deal pending on a S-Class 3740-BH and a deal pending on a Reflection 311BHS. Both of these models check off many boxes, which includes a half-bath for my granddaughters. Since this is a Solitude-specific arm of the forum, I would like to know if anyone has experienced the Reflection model and the S-Class? If so, is there a $10k-$20k difference between the two?

A little background: The unit will be a live-in for about 6 months during my home construction. After 6 months, use will declines to appx 6-6 weeks a year. All comments and critical information is greatly appreciated.
    The S class is really a Reflection floor plan on a wider Solitude frame, giving you a wider inside. On the models with a rear living room on the Reflection you will have a 2 seat couch on the rear wall, but with the S class you will have a 3 seat couch in the same position.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the main differences between the Reflection and Solitude is the insulation of the floor and underbelly - but this may not make a lot of difference to you in upstate SC. The wider body on the Solitude makes it feel roomier at a given overall length. Other than that, the S-Class Solitudes and Reflections both have electric leveling systems and slides. Either can be had with our without dual pane windows and other options.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 08-11-2021 at 07:11 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something else to consider. I have a Ram 3500 crew cab with a short bed. I use the Andersen Ultimate hitch with a reflection 337rls. With this setup I can do a full 90° turn and I clear my tonneau cover attached to my bed rails. I am certain with a wider Solitude I could not do a 90° turn without crunching my cab. I did like the Solitude's north south bed better than my east west bed but with RV's every thing is a compromise of sorts and you'll never find the 100% perfect RV.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Along with the width and height being more, the windows are framed and open for more airflow. The full Solitude has frameless window that tip out. Look at the Stove. those are likely the upgraded and larger stove that is in the Solitude. Also you can get a residential fridge in the S class but not in the Reflection. The exterior is different with the Reflection having a not as shiny gel coat, Solitudes have a better exterior finish. Also cargo capacity in the S Class will knock either a regular Solitude or Reflection out of the game. S Class has a larger basement (except for the 2930, that basement is rather anemic)
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They pretty much have you covered on the Reflection / Solitude S differences and yes we think the extra money we spent on the S Class was worth every penny. The Reflection 337, Solitude 2930 S Class were both high on our list. We did not want a full Solitude.

Ours is not a BH, we have the now discontinued Solitude 3350RL S and at 37 ft its the right length for us, not a 40 or a 35 ft. Electric leveling with 6 stabilizers (important) and electric slides, which we prefer, we did not want hydraulics, touch screens or other wiz-bangs. Also a cavernous storage compartment and a 4478# cargo cap, all on two 7000# axles, just like the regular Solitudes, same suspension.

I understand you need a BH for your family needs but in the current S Class offering the 3550BH or 3740BH depending on which master bedroom configuration you want, both are 16.8 GVW for cargo capacity. Now the 3950BH might fit your needs. All are right at 40 foot at 16.8 GVW and the outdoor kitchen option if you like that..

All of these models will require a 3500 dually to tow. Our pin weight is 3500# and the rig weighs in at 15.5K. For us a 5th wheel was a requirement.

Good luck in your decision process,
    Last edited by Steven@147; 06-25-2021 at 06:55 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a S-Class 3550BH we got earlier this year. We just got home from a 7 week 11,000 mile trip across the country. We love the 3550 and the extra storage you get with the drop frame. We used to have a FR fifth wheel similar to the Reflection style. One thing that we noticed during our travels this summer is that you do not have nearly the clearance under the trailer if you ever want to boondock or get into some places with uneven ground. I was surprised at how low to the ground our sewer connection is and our electric landing jacks. It is not a show stopper but definitely an aspect I did not realize with a drop frame. We have had one middle landing jack kiss the road trying to be careful getting onto an off camber banked road and apparently the weight of the trailer sheared the pin losing the pad but luckily not bending the jack leg. Both are nice rigs, but maybe this helps educate others.
    2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW SB Duramax
    2021 Solitude 3550BH
    Reese Goosebox Gen2 20K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larryi View Post
    We have a S-Class 3550BH we got earlier this year. We just got home from a 7 week 11,000 mile trip across the country. We love the 3550 and the extra storage you get with the drop frame. We used to have a FR fifth wheel similar to the Reflection style. One thing that we noticed during our travels this summer is that you do not have nearly the clearance under the trailer if you ever want to boondock or get into some places with uneven ground. I was surprised at how low to the ground our sewer connection is and our electric landing jacks. It is not a show stopper but definitely an aspect I did not realize with a drop frame. We have had one middle landing jack kiss the road trying to be careful getting onto an off camber banked road and apparently the weight of the trailer sheared the pin losing the pad but luckily not bending the jack leg. Both are nice rigs, but maybe this helps educate others.
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast