User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto level inaccurate

I am new to this fifth wheel. 2018 Reflection. I have used auto level three times and each time the display has displayed "success" but it is low in front when I use a bubble level on floors, counters, etc.. I can obviously manual level the front jacks up to the correct height but loose the hitch recognition function. Is there an adjustment option?
    Love the RV by the way.
    Thanks Glenn

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you need to reset the zero. You can find instructions on the Lippert website or their app.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was not level the first time I used it. Followed some calibration instructions I found online and it has autoleveled very well since then.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a different problem. The rear level sensor was not attached to its mounting plate. It was just floating around in the underbelly. It was originally attached with screws that the factory overtightened stripping them.
    I reattached it using pop rivets.

This could be your problem as well, If it is, then recalibrating it will not fix it. In fact since I reattached my sensor, it has worked perfectly. So it was properly calibrated at the factory, and recalibrating it before reattaching it would have just made it worse
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, too, had to recalibrate the leveling system on our Solitude when it was new. It seems to have held well since that one recalibration.

BTW - welcome to the forum, Glenn. I see this is your post... it's a good idea to create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too had to recalibrate the zero point. Since then perfectly level every time. It's a easy procedure but different touch screens have different ways to get to the zero point menu option. Just go online to figure out where on your touch screen you need to touch and how many times in a row you need to touch in order to get to the zero point calibration menu. After that you'll have it recalibrate in less than 5 minutes.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zero Point Calibration (6 point hydraulic - may be same for others)
    The “Zero Point” is the programmed point that the trailer will return to each time the Auto Level feature is used. The “Zero Point” must be programmed prior to using the Auto Level feature to ensure the proper operation of the system. NOTE: Prior to starting this procedure, double check all connections on the controller, valve coils, jacks, and touch pad.
    1. Manually run the jacks to level the trailer. This is best achieved by placing a level in the center of the trailer and leveling it both front to back and then side to side.
    2. Once the trailer is level, turn off the touch pad.
    3. With the touch pad off, press and release the “FRONT” button ten (10) times and then press and release the “REAR” button ten (10) times.
    4. The touch pad will flash and beep and the display will read “ZERO POINT CALIBRATION ENTER to set, Power to Exit” (Fig.27).
    5. To set the current position as the zero point, press the “ENTER” button.
    6. LCD display will read “Zero Point stability check” (Fig.28).
    7. LCD display will read “Zero point set successfully” once process is complete (Fig.29).
    8. The system will set this point as its level state and the touch pad will turn off.
    Last edited by JCR GD; 06-21-2021 at 07:33 AM.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also had to do a calibration when we first picked up the trailer. Since then it has been perfect.
    I am considering re-setting it to be just slightly off. My shower basin needs just a nudge to drain completely after a shower. It's not really a problem, just me being an engineer.
    Rob.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob+Kath View Post
    We also had to do a calibration when we first picked up the trailer. Since then it has been perfect.
    I am considering re-setting it to be just slightly off. My shower basin needs just a nudge to drain completely after a shower. It's not really a problem, just me being an engineer.
    Rob.
    We use a small squeegee after showering... and keep the rest of the trailer level. It also help keep deposits from building up in the shower and the pink stuff from growing.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We use a small squeegee after showering... and keep the rest of the trailer level.
    That's a good idea. I think I have one floating around somewhere. Then we can get the drops off the walls and reduce humidity to stop things from growing.
    Thanks;
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast