User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    CampNrite

Waiting on New 388M (first time camper)

We purchased our first camper trailer which is a 388M, go big or go home. Wife and I are very excited, but I think the kids are more excited. We are very new to this so some advice on start up do's and don'ts would be appreciated. Any comments?

Our 388M should be on it's way to the dealership now and ready for pick up May 1.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum CampNrite and congratulations on your new Momentum! Lots of very knowledgeable and experienced folks here and they are very happy to answer any and all questions you may have. Make yourself at home and have fun.

Steve

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats CampNrite! And welcome to the family!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Some of my fondest memories as a kid are going in the motorhome with my grandparents. I can't wait to start creating those memories with my son, well, I guess the wife too!

CampNrite
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

Does anyone have any advice or a checklist for picking up a Toy Hauler from the Dealership for the first time? I would like to go through the unit entirely before taking it off the lot with the dealership, to rectify any issues prior to leaving. However, there is so much to look for and not having any prior experience to look for potential issues; I am affraid I will overlook issues due to having tunnel vision from my new toy (388m). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CampNrite View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

Does anyone have any advice or a checklist for picking up a Toy Hauler from the Dealership for the first time? I would like to go through the unit entirely before taking it off the lot with the dealership, to rectify any issues prior to leaving. However, there is so much to look for and not having any prior experience to look for potential issues; I am affraid I will overlook issues due to having tunnel vision from my new toy (388m). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Congrats... Im picking up mine this afternoon. I googled rv PDI checklist and downloaded one that was like 15 pages and pretty detailed. Not sure if the dealership will like me too much when i bust it out lol.

Jason

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO, a thorough PDI should last at least 2 hours and not uncommon to go over closer to 3 or 4. Make sure they show you how everything works in and out, the best scenario would be for them to have a campsite available on or near their lot that you could spend the first night in. This would allow you time to calmly look over everything and push buttons, pull valves, and create a list of questions for the service department.

CampNrite
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ-JWolf View Post
    Congrats... Im picking up mine this afternoon. I googled rv PDI checklist and downloaded one that was like 15 pages and pretty detailed. Not sure if the dealership will like me too much when i bust it out lol.

Jason
    AZ-JWOLF,

thanks! That's a good idea. I will google that. Let me know how your PDI goes and best of luck.

TENN22,

Thanks! We plan on camping the first two nights out in the drive way, then head off on a two week trip providing all goes well on our trial run.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi CampNrite,

We just did our walk through on 4/14, so I attached my checklist if you are interested. I sent the checklist in advanced and requested a 3 hour window. They schedule the PDI tech for 90 minutes and I kept going with the sales rep checking in with me. I took 3 hours to complete my checklist and found only 4 items, 3 they fixed on the spot and the last was a bent baggage door they had to order.

My parents introduced me to camping as a young boy and I have wonderful memories. So much so that we have instilled those same ideas with out kids and they love to camp with us even as young adults. Enjoy your new camper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My PDI Checklist.pdf  
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group you'll be very happy with Grand Design. Make sure when you take delivery of your unit the dealer explains how everything works and the only dumb question is the one you never ask. Looking forward to seeing you at the rally in August.