User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booth Dinette converted to Bed Tips Over

Just picked up our new 2670MK. At dealership we converted the table to a bed to check out length. The table promptly tipped right over. Dealer says, “Huh, that’s weird. Don’t use the table when you get in the bed.” I don’t know how you do that. My wife tried again at home. But the table tips right over. Is this how everyone’s are, or is there a problem with ours? The table is not supported by the seats at all.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE table is not supported by the seats at all.[/QUOTE]

We have a 2450RL with the same table/stand but our dinette set is a U-Design, we haven't used it as a bed but we did test it out once and I'm pretty certain the table folds down and rest on the frame of the seats. On the 2450RL the dinette is sort of locked in with the width of the slide. Yours model is a little different and maybe the bench seat on the the recliner side needs to be moved inward some so it rest on the frame work, in my opinion. In ours I know those bench seats are just screwed into the floor because I checked out their length, for mounting the new pedestal.
    Also that table pedestal also straps down to the floor to stabilize it but I never really figured it out.

The table pedestal actually was more problematic for us and uncomfortable to sit at so we opted to get the Springfield Air-Powered 3-Stage Table Pedestal which works well for us but a little pricey.

Next time we are at the TT I'll check our setup and get back we you but I'm sure others will be able to confirm.
    Dana & Janet H.
    New Orleans, La.
    Imagine 2450RL (MY2020)
    2018 GMC 1500 Sierra, SLT Z71 4X4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! We will contact GD directly and find out. General RV tried to convince us that it was normal. No way is it safe for anyone to use like this.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same thing happen with our 2970RL I found that the collapsing legs were mounted more to one side of the table, I took it off, turned it around and remounted it in the same holes which centered the legs better under the table. it will still tip if you sit on the edge, but it is much better than it was before. I am tempted to add Cleats to the seat base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R111 View Post
    Had the same thing happen with our 2970RL I found that the collapsing legs were mounted more to one side of the table, I took it off, turned it around and remounted it in the same holes which centered the legs better under the table. it will still tip if you sit on the edge, but it is much better than it was before. I am tempted to add Cleats to the seat base.
    That is VERY interesting. That would explain why I am having so much more trouble than other people. We will look at the table and see if that's our problem.

What kind of cleats are you thinking?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve McNutt View Post
    That is VERY interesting. That would explain why I am having so much more trouble than other people. We will look at the table and see if that's our problem.

What kind of cleats are you thinking?
    It is easy to tell; with the table collapsed, the legs are visibly offset to one side.

I was thinking of just running a 1"x1-1/2" piece of Oak or Poplar that I can stain to match the base cabinet. I was surprised that GD just let's the table free-float with no side support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our new 2022 2500rl table also tips over when collapsed. It does not rest on any supporting ledge as did the table in our previous rvs. One of the ottoman legs was also stripped and not attached, so that was also tipping over. The trifold sofa is out of level by about 3 inches and one of the lights in the bedroom has a 1/4" gap between it and the ceiling. Our rv is less than 1 week old - we just used it for our first trip - and it is a 3 1/2 hour trip to the dealership. I will be contacting the dealer about these issues but I must say I am disappointed in the lack of quality control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just returned from our first camping trip in the 2022 267mk and we had this same problem. The dinette bed is essentially unusable due to how easily it tips forward. Has anyone had success in correcting this or coming up with an easy "hack"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Looks like an older thread but I thought I’d try. We just had our first night in our 2023 Imagine 2600RB. My husband fell out of the dinette bed twice due to tipping over. Has anyone come up with a decent hack or been in touch with grand design on this not so grand design?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roundfile28 View Post
    Hi! Looks like an older thread but I thought I’d try. We just had our first night in our 2023 Imagine 2600RB. My husband fell out of the dinette bed twice due to tipping over. Has anyone come up with a decent hack or been in touch with grand design on this not so grand design?
    I plan on adding some table supports to the Benches on my 2970RL. I got some custom stain to try to match it to the decor. I plan on adding a long rail on each side and glusing and screwing it to the bench bottom. I can post pics when I get it done nd let you know how it works.