User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    If we went your route, which looks fantastix but a little intimidating, 7 (ish) hrs from Toronto.....good places to stay in Michigan when you cross the boarder?
    We rode motorcycles all over TN, Army Friend lived in Lebanon.
    Very cool. I own a 92 Heritage Softail. East TN is a biker haven.

OK lets see from Toronto (please remember it sounds more like "Tarranna" no "TOE' on the end)! go north (hiway 400 is marginally better than 401, but prettier by far. Stopping in the Kawarthas would be a good idea. Although you could go as far as Sudbury in a single day.

Then rest a day and day trip around Sudbury. From there to the SOO as we call it, it's only 3 hours.

Found a great travel itinerary here: https://www.northernontario.travel/a...ault-ste-marie

Once back in the US, there is plenty of camping close to Mackinac Island (a must see as you already know).

Hope that helps a little.
    Mark and Amy Williams East Tennessee (Go VOLS), Retired and rollin'
    GD 303RLS (2020), Ford F250 King Ranch (2018), Brussel Sprout (fur baby co-pilot), Champion Inverter Hybrid Generator,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhanks IROCQUE, been told that Milton is also nice, and since we will be going west when leaving your fine city, probably stay rhere if possible.
    My son and family live on Woodbine Ace and wants me to stay in his driveway, but not real comfortable with towing in Toronto proper....we've visited before without a camper and can only relate the traffic to London England.
    Looking fwd to it and are waiting to see if they change "end of July" opening date.

Regards
    Ray
    If your son lives north of Hwy 7 on Woodbine Ave, there's "Sibbald Point Provincial Park" which is located on the shores of Lake Simcoe and approximately 45 minutes to Toronto or GTA. Very accessible through Hwy 404. (north to south). Depends on how long you'll be staying that's probably the most logical way in terms of keeping away from urban traffic. The other best option is the KOA in Milton which is west of Toronto/Mississauga area.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 RST 6.2 liter max trailer pkg.
    Fastway Trunnion E2 2-Point Sway Control Hitch
    Markham, Ontario Canada

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IROCQUE View Post
    If your son lives north of Hwy 7 on Woodbine Ave, there's "Sibbald Point Provincial Park" which is located on the shores of Lake Simcoe and approximately 45 minutes to Toronto or GTA. Very accessible through Hwy 404. (north to south). Depends on how long you'll be staying that's probably the most logical way in terms of keeping away from urban traffic. The other best option is the KOA in Milton which is west of Toronto/Mississauga area.
    He lives near Woodbine and Oxford. I am thinking on the east side.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus 1 for Sibald Point!

Quote Originally Posted by IROCQUE View Post
    Sibald Point, there is a name I have not heard in years. We used to hitchhike there and camp out as teenagers.

Gotta say, it was a great location and a nicely kept Provincial park. Be careful though if using a Provincial Park as fiver size may restrict access, check first.
    Mark and Amy Williams East Tennessee (Go VOLS), Retired and rollin'
    GD 303RLS (2020), Ford F250 King Ranch (2018), Brussel Sprout (fur baby co-pilot), Champion Inverter Hybrid Generator,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He lives near Woodbine and Oxford. I am thinking on the east side.
    Sorry, was that Oxford St. or Oxford county? I don't see Oxford close to Woodbine Ave. I only see Oxford county close to Woodstock, Ontario.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 RST 6.2 liter max trailer pkg.
    Fastway Trunnion E2 2-Point Sway Control Hitch
    Markham, Ontario Canada

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traveling west in the UP on the south Superior shore there is no shortage of places to see.
    The Soo Locks... While at the soo cross back into Canada and take a full day trip on the Algoma central RR into Agawa Canyon, continuing west on the south shore there is Pictured Rocks, Awesome old buildings in Calumet plus really great fudge at the Mercantile. Dip down into Seney Wildlife Refuge. Waterfalls galore Houghton, great mineral museum at MI Tech. The whole Kewenau peninsula is fun to explore with Brockway mtn drive,copper harbor, and more.. How much time.... Easy to spend weeks just in the west side of Da UP., Porcupine mtn State Park..did I mention waterfalls ..
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Porcupine Mountains near White Pine MI are a must see. Great campground at the state park.. gets very busy in the fall when leaves are changing (mid Sept onward).

Pictured Rocks National Park in Musining are another hidden gem. NFS Bay Furnace campground west of town was good for us.

Whitefish Bay Shipwreck Museum with Edmund Fitzgerald artifacts was very interesting. It's sort of on the way from Soo Locks to Musining....
    Last edited by Lane Hog; 06-27-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwilliams44 View Post
    Sibald Point, there is a name I have not heard in years. We used to hitchhike there and camp out as teenagers.

Gotta say, it was a great location and a nicely kept Provincial park. Be careful though if using a Provincial Park as fiver size may restrict access, check first.
    Darlington Provincial Park...just east of the GTA would be ideal location, likely within an hour of your Son's place...less if you are willing to pay the toll on the 407. As mentioned earlier, all provincial parks are difficult to get into as they are booked, but if you can live without electrical service you may be able to find a site. The booking site has filters so you can input your trailer size and requirements and it will show you all availability across Ontario and my campground as well. Given the time of year though, getting electrical would be clutch so you can have A/C....or bring a genny.

https://www.ontarioparks.com/reservations

Good luck

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me that it’ll be NEXT year before the border opens. It’s such a stupid policy since anyone leaving or arriving by airline is A-OK. I guess those on a plane are automatically determined to be Covid free….
    There were 11 flights over the past week that arrived in Toronto with covid cases on board. 3 were domestic the rest international.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably enter in Sarnia in Michigan.
    Thanks, Whittle
    Pinery provincial park, not far from the Sarnia border, is a nice spot. As for Michigan, we prefer the UP and the west side of the state. UP Straits. Tahquamenon Falls. Muskalonge lake all great campgrounds. Westside Wilderness, Petoskey, Traverse City, Ludington, Mears, PJ Hoffmaster, Grand Haven, Holland, and Van Buren are all state parks. All are wonderful campgrounds. They all have charming nearby towns.
    2021 Imagine 2970 RL
    Equalizer 2, 4-point hitch.
    2015 GMC Savana 2500 6.0 liter
    Locking rear differential. Bilstein shocks, heavy-duty trailering package, Tow/Haul mode.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast