User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble opening all 3 tank drain valves

Weíre on our maiden trip with our 2021 Imagine 2610ML. We were going to leave our site today and I hooked up the drain hose then went to open the black tank valve and I couldnít budge it. I then tried both grey tank valves with the same result. I pulled really hard on the handles but didnít want to break them. I called the dealer where we bought it (about 5 hours away) and he said itís most likely corrosion caused. I did notice some surface corrosion on the inner part of the cable I could see. A local RV repair person may be able to look at it this evening or tomorrow morning. The unit was delivered to the dealer in January and probably road salt and grime got on them. Seems like a poor design not having some sort of mud flaps behind the wheels. Has anyone added flaps to help eliminate this problem? Hopefully this can be readily fixed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PB Blaster on each use seems to be the consensus on best remedy.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600 RB
    TOW vehicle- 2023 Ram 2500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 rear end, tow package with trailer blind spot and air suspension. Max payload- 2869

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fortunately a fellow who does mobile repairs came to our site. He ended up replacing all 3 cables for opening the valves. The ones that came with the trailer were very badly corroded. Aluminum does not like road salt etc. that got on the cables by the handles when the trailer was delivered from factory to dealer. Out dealer paid all costs for this. I'm going to try and come up with some sort of mud flap To try and keep road grime off the cables. Any suggestions about flaps? Thanks.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldJP View Post
    Fortunately a fellow who does mobile repairs came to our site. He ended up replacing all 3 cables for opening the valves. The ones that came with the trailer were very badly corroded. Aluminum does not like road salt etc. that got on the cables by the handles when the trailer was delivered from factory to dealer. Out dealer paid all costs for this. I'm going to try and come up with some sort of mud flap To try and keep road grime off the cables. Any suggestions about flaps? Thanks.
    Glad you got them fix. You should add to your regular maintenance routine to lube these cables to prevent this from happening again. If ever it does happen again, add PB Blaster (like mentioned earlier) or something similar, remove the handle and with the help of vice grips, wiggle the cable in and out.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE