User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 imagine 2970rl

Hello all , i,m new to this site but not new to rving. I,m looking for a little imput on my next purchase . We found a used 2018 grand design imagine 2970rl at a local dealership . We love the coach but was wondering if we are paying to much . The dealer is saling it to us for 31,500 which includes a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty and throwing in the hitch . Should i go for it or walk away . The nada on this unit is what makes me wonder if i,m paying to much . Thank you in advance

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timone View Post
    Hello all , i,m new to this site but not new to rving. I,m looking for a little imput on my next purchase . We found a used 2018 grand design imagine 2970rl at a local dealership . We love the coach but was wondering if we are paying to much . The dealer is saling it to us for 31,500 which includes a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty and throwing in the hitch . Should i go for it or walk away . The nada on this unit is what makes me wonder if i,m paying to much . Thank you in advance
    First off get the price without the warranty

But of course you are going to pay too much

It is a sellers market

I personally would never buy right now

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my 2019 2970rl new in September of 2018 for 35k. I didn’t buy the extended warranty and also have not had any issues with it.
    We love our trailer and use it a lot.
    However if I bought it used, I would have gotten the warranty for piece of mind.
    31k does not seem too bad to me if it has a 4 year warranty included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 2019 2970RL - We paid slightly less than that for new in 2019. We did not get an extended warranty & think that getting any of the warranties are usually gotchas. IE use their service dept for all the maintenance etc. to prove that you have been maintaining. We have not had any major issues for the 2+ years that we have been using ours. We use it on a pretty regular basis, but no where near full time. The floor plan and extra storage is fantastic, to most TT's. Just an FYI - you do need a 3/4T tow vehicle (TV) to pull this with the comfort you would like. We tried with a ½ that was built for towing and the change up was night and day. Give the used one a good look over to make sure no water leaks and electrical problems etc. Lots selling because they don't use enough or the price to sell was too good to pass up. Good luck! We love ours.

If you are handy there will be lots of little things you might want to change out. IE - bathroom faucet, Torklift steps (so you don't trip up the stairs) max fans etc. If you are not handy - and don't want to be handy - you may be challenged with having any camper.
    Last edited by zadiemay; 06-27-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    We have the 2019 2970RL - We paid slightly less than that for new in 2019. We did not get an extended warranty & think that getting any of the warranties are usually gotchas. IE use their service dept for all the maintenance etc. to prove that you have been maintaining. We have not had any major issues for the 2+ years that we have been using ours. We use it on a pretty regular basis, but no where near full time. The floor plan and extra storage is fantastic, to most TT's. Just an FYI - you do need a 3/4T tow vehicle (TV) to pull this with the comfort you would like. We tried with a ½ that was built for towing and the change up was night and day. Give the used one a good look over to make sure no water leaks and electrical problems etc. Lots selling because they don't use enough or the price to sell was too good to pass up. Good luck! We love ours.

If you are handy there will be lots of little things you might want to change out. IE - bathroom faucet, Torklift steps (so you don't trip up the stairs) max fans etc. If you are not handy - and don't want to be handy - you may be challenged with having any camper.
    Sounds like you got a great deal on yours.
    I second the 3/4 ton towable. I did the same, I originally started out with a 1/2 ton. It did the job, but I finally upgraded to a 3/4 ton and it’s night and day difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We paid 34,700 for our 2021 2970RL last July. Your price seems a bit high but it is a sellers market. My price included a hitch and we did not purchase any extended warranties.

I would be interested to know what the dealer would sell for without the 4 year warranty. There are a lot of things to look at before purchasing an extended warranty. The one main question on this one is do you intend on keeping the trailer for 4 years? I'm sure it is non-transferable.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO extended warranties are just another way dealers use to separate you from your money. If you are the least bit handy, there is nothing on this RV you can't fix yourself. They are all made the same and use the same parts. This notion that GD is better than the others is bunk. It is made by GD owners. I own a 2970 and when I bought it new I had to fix things and finish building it just like I did with my previous RV.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2018 2970RL new at the camper show. Show special was $29,733.00

There is a car dealer where we go up north Minnesota, he took a 2018, 2970RL in on trade, the unit was like brand new. He had it priced at $29K, sat on it for a year. Dropped the price to $27,500 and it finally sold, , I think for a little less than that.

As mentioned previously, it's a total sellers market right now. And also as previously mentioned, you will want to pull that with a 3/4 ton, nothing less.