User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Almost got it, but not quite. I keep the pressure regulator and Y inside the utility bay to prevent freezing in the winter (the heated hose will not protect those components outside). The Solitudes and Momentums have a whole-house water filter (standard residential cartridge) inside the utility bay after the city water inlet. I'm going to do my "flow chart" in the direction the water flows:

Park water connection -> hose (heavy-duty and will withstand the pressure) -> (the rest of this is inside the heated utility bay) Y with valves on each output -> water pressure regulator -> 90 degree elbow -> city water inlet -> whole-house filter -> house

This way, the water for the black tank flush does not go through the pressure regulator nor the water filter (no need for either).

Attachment 35129

Rob
    I like that setup Rob. Looks like I’m heading to the hardware store for a couple parts. Surely you won’t mind if I duplicate it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    I like that setup Rob. Looks like I’m heading to the hardware store for a couple parts. Surely you won’t mind if I duplicate it?
    Thanks Rob! This is better than how I have been hooking up. You have a way of simplifying things. Appreciate it.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MN-Mark View Post
    Thanks Rob! This is better than how I have been hooking up. You have a way of simplifying things. Appreciate it.

Mark
    Thanks... but we won't mention that it took me five years (full-time, no less) to figure it out.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not to hijack the thread too much - but I'm not a fan of the Zero-G's....
    Used two for several years, and they stood up well. Really, really liked using them. Far better than what has been reported for other collapsible hoses. But this spring, as I was diluting my bleach in a 5 gal bucket to prepare for sanitizing, I noted "flakes" and "chunks" swirling around in the pail. Figured it was stuff from the trees I was under and the high winds. Dumped the bleach water and started over. More stuff. After several retries, and it getting worse (I can be slow to catch on), found it was the Zero-G hose. Switched hoses and all was clear.
    Cut both open, and found them both to have HEAVY build up of a black mold like substance all through them. In the interest of science, cut open the white Camco that had over 10 yrs of use - perfect. Something about the plastic used apparently allows things to get a foothold and grow. Looks like the good old white ones don't - or they are slippery enough that use easily flushes anything out. And here I thought that over the last couple of years we kept running into campgrounds with funky tasting water......
    Yes. I double sanitized the RV after that discovery....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s really interesting. I’d be interested to hear if anyone else has had this experience. Thanks for that.
    2021 Reflection 31MB 5er
    2020 F-250 XLT 4x4 SD CC LB
    Full time family of 5

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Almost got it, but not quite. I keep the pressure regulator and Y inside the utility bay to prevent freezing in the winter (the heated hose will not protect those components outside). The Solitudes and Momentums have a whole-house water filter (standard residential cartridge) inside the utility bay after the city water inlet. I'm going to do my "flow chart" in the direction the water flows:

Park water connection -> hose (heavy-duty and will withstand the pressure) -> (the rest of this is inside the heated utility bay) Y with valves on each output -> water pressure regulator -> 90 degree elbow -> city water inlet -> whole-house filter -> house

This way, the water for the black tank flush does not go through the pressure regulator nor the water filter (no need for either).

Attachment 35129

Rob
    I like your setup...do you have any links to the parts you've purchased? Particularly the metal hose and pressure regulator w/ gauge. I also like the way the Solitudes have the low point drains in the wet-bay and also have a 3-walled bay instead of just having 2 walls like the Reflection 337 RLS has. I may have to fabricate and add a 3rd wall to make it an actual bay... that would also provide a nice spot to add a whole house filter similar to yours.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 06-25-2021 at 05:32 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Zero G's for five years with no problems. I use a blue one that is safe for drinking water and a black one that is just normal. The black I use for the black tank flush. I always put a pressure regulator on the pedestal and a Y connector (with shut offs) on it and connect the hoses as needed. I always screw the ends of my hoses together when they are stored in the RV and have separate storage containers to keep the black and fresh water components apart. I have an older one hanging on the side of the house, gets full Florida sun till noon every day, no regulator, it's a little faded but works perfect. No mold or flakes that I can see in any of them.
    Last edited by Bearii; 06-25-2021 at 07:25 AM.
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    I like your setup...do you have any links to the parts you've purchased? Particularly the metal hose and pressure regulator w/ gauge. I also like the way the Solitudes have the low point drains in the wet-bay and also have a 3-walled bay instead of just having 2 walls like the Reflection 337 RLS has. I may have to fabricate and add a 3rd wall to make it an actual bay... that would also provide a nice spot to add a whole house filter similar to yours.
    Almost everything except the pressure regulators can be found at Lowe's or Home Depot (or similar places). I have purchased parts both locally and off Amazon depending on the situation. Here are some links (I keep two pressure regulators on hand):

https://smile.amazon.com/Camco-Degre...4629027&sr=8-4

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the black tank flush, I use a Rhino hose which is bright orange. It is a nice hose and kinda stiff, but doesn't kink and keeps its coiled shape for easy repacking when finished. If I am at the site to dump, I use the pressure regulator because I assume the black tank flush fittings and hoses inside the rig are no different than the fresh water. Since the water regulator is right there, easy peasy. If I have to use a dump station, I roll the dice and don't bother digging out the regulator.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    ... I assume the black tank flush fittings and hoses inside the rig are no different than the fresh water.
    The difference in the two systems being that the fresh water system is terminated with faucets (pressure builds up - especially when faucets are closed) and the black tank flush is open all the time - minimal resistance and pressure.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast