User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The difference in the two systems being that the fresh water system is terminated with faucets (pressure builds up - especially when faucets are closed) and the black tank flush is open all the time - minimal resistance and pressure.

Rob
    Good point! Thanks.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with all the regulars posting. I do not full time yet, but my rig is kept most of the year at our future retirement base camp at the coast. This is my set up.
    First hose to the right is fresh water.
    Middle hose is to the black water flush (a shorter white hose, marked as black water flush when traveling)
    Left hose is a shorty that goes to a separate cleanout that feeds into my dump main (I run as much water as I can when dumping as I have about a 50' run to the street main.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	35210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sept 20 (2).jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	35211
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW Air-ride
    B&W 25k Companion puck system
    2012 Forest River Cardinal 3550RL
    39 months to retirement, WE WILL GET THERE!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearii View Post
    I've been using Zero G's for five years with no problems. I use a blue one that is safe for drinking water and a black one that is just normal. The black I use for the black tank flush. I always put a pressure regulator on the pedestal and a Y connector (with shut offs) on it and connect the hoses as needed. I always screw the ends of my hoses together when they are stored in the RV and have separate storage containers to keep the black and fresh water components apart. I have an older one hanging on the side of the house, gets full Florida sun till noon every day, no regulator, it's a little faded but works perfect. No mold or flakes that I can see in any of them.
    You may want to watch this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WalzXF48iac changed my mind about Zero-G.
    2019 Imagine 3170BH
    2020 F-250 XLT 7.3 Gas
    Carleton, MI 48117

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Agree with all the regulars posting. I do not full time yet, but my rig is kept most of the year at our future retirement base camp at the coast. This is my set up.
    First hose to the right is fresh water.
    Middle hose is to the black water flush (a shorter white hose, marked as black water flush when traveling)
    Left hose is a shorty that goes to a separate cleanout that feeds into my dump main (I run as much water as I can when dumping as I have about a 50' run to the street main.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	water.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	35210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sept 20 (2).jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	35211
    That's a nice camper canopy you have there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for a Zero-G hose "blowing," there is very little pressure in the black tank flush system since the sprayer is always open on the terminal end. I always kept two hoses to run all the way from the park water connection but, this past year, changed my ways. Inside the utility bay I've always had a water pressure regulator and a 90-degree elbow to reduce stress on the city water inlet fitting. I've recently added a lead-free brass Y just before the pressure regulator and got a 3' "metal flex" hose to run from the Y to the black tank flush inlet. I disconnect and drain this short hose at the black flush inlet after each use so, as @FT4NOW said, nothing gets contaminated. It takes me less time now and I don't have to mess with a second long hose. It's especially nice during cold/freezing weather. I'm a happier camper.

Rob
    Why the metal flex hose to the black tank?
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nateritter View Post
    I've had this question since starting to research buying a rig and found no answers yet.

In our purchase, we were given a garden hose that has some kinks in it from being stored in too small of a black water container. It's quite an old hose anyway, so I was thinking of replacing it.

But why does everyone use a standard garden hose for the black water? It's big and bulky and typically less flexible than, say, a Zero-G. Is it the cost? Or will the Zero-G blow if you don't put the regulator on it in some cases (I assume you don't keep your regulator on when you attach your black water hose, right?)?

Second, I see RhinoFLEX advertised heavily but I also hear they are a pain to work with because it's not flexible when cold. I assume this is why the typical garden hose is used compared to RhinoFLEX.

All this begs the question, what's your recommendation for black water/flush hoses and why?
    For my black tank flush, I cut about 15 feet from an old garden hose and put a new fitting on the cut end.
    I don’t need a 25 or 50 feet hose for that purpose. I’ve used this for two trailers now.
    2020 Transcend 30RBS
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD High County Z71 Crew Cab 6.6 gas.
    2015 Indian Roadmaster motorcycle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rob. Love your setup. The added bonus being that the regulator is secured. But a question about the placement of the regulator at the end rather than at the source. Instructions for the regulator say to install at the source. But it looks like you haven't found a difference placing at the other end.
    Mike C.

2023 GD Imagine AIM 15RB - 2022 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Platinum CrewMax 4x4 shortbed twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve 3.4-liter V-6

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finz04 View Post
    But a question about the placement of the regulator at the end rather than at the source.
    I have mine at the trailer end. Always have What would be the issue?
    The water hose can easily handle higher pressure

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Why the metal flex hose to the black tank?
    Just because it was the most flexible really short hose I could fine. It has the bonus of being really well made with good connectors at each end.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because it was the most flexible really short hose I could fine. It has the bonus of being really well made with good connectors at each end.

Rob
    Thank you. Where did you get it?
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast