Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top load washer and dryer

I have a 2021 S-class 3540GK-R. I plan on getting a separate washer and dryer to go in the front closet. Does anyone have any experience with a compact top load washer that is made by GE (or other manufacturer)? It's model #GNW128SSMWW . I'm wondering how that may work in an RV. Also, there is a matching dryer (DSKS333ECWW). Looks like it may work also. Less expensive than a Splendide. Thanks for any help.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a top-load washer in an RV, personally. We have Whirlpool stackables in our W/D closet (both front load). They're the same size as the Splendides, but don't know how much less expensive they were. Be aware that not all dryers are RV-compatible. It must be a 120VAC dryer to work in an RV. Most residential dryers are 240VAC.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I've never seen a top-load washer in an RV, personally. We have Whirlpool stackables in our W/D closet (both front load). They're the same size as the Splendides, but don't know how much less expensive they were. Be aware that not all dryers are RV-compatible. It must be a 120VAC dryer to work in an RV. Most residential dryers are 240VAC.

Rob
    Yes, I'm aware of 120 volt dryers only. I'll have to measure for the possibility of the top load washer.
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased our 2021 - 3540GK-R and were also considering the stackable wash and dryer. However, the reviews and feedback has not been positive for any of the different brands (performance and load-size). Its back to the Laundry Mat for now! If you have any luck with a good quality W&D, let us know!

Scott

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Splendide stackables. The capacity is limited, but performance has been decent.

That said, I did have an issue where I had a problem with my washer. Long story short, the wash drum came off the spindles. I believe this issue was facilitated by the fact that my washer is on the far back wall on my floor plan; so lots of bouncing back there. Speculation on my part, but something for folks to consider.

I took it to an RV repair guy I deal with and he added some bands to attempt to prevent this from recurring. Literally just had the repair done, so, time will tell if it helps.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    We just purchased our 2021 - 3540GK-R and were also considering the stackable wash and dryer. However, the reviews and feedback has not been positive for any of the different brands (performance and load-size). Its back to the Laundry Mat for now! If you have any luck with a good quality W&D, let us know!

Scott
    We've been very happy with our Whirlpool units (separate stackables with vented dryer). Nothing that fits in an RV is as fast as putting everything in industrial-size commercial machines at a laundromat, but we really like the convenience and don't like having to go to laundromats and hang around. We can do other things at home while our little machines are doing their jobs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015