User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    droidguru

Is Your Furrion Sound System/DVD Player Not Functioning?

Didn't see this covered before so I thought I would add it just in case.

If your Furrion DVD/Sound System fails to illuminate and appears dead try this first. There is a 15 amp in-line fuse behind the radio. Pop off the trim carefully, remove the four screws that hold the radio in place and look for the blue 15 amp fuse (in the line not in the actual radio) see if it popped and if so replace it.

Hope this helps someone. I've attached a picture of the fuse below. Happy camping.

http://s28.postimg.org/6fiiyub0d/201...5_11_00_51.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info! I'll say this about the sound system, it leaves a lot to be desired...Mine didn't come with a DVD...4 tv's no DVD, go figure.

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

droidguru
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkingfl View Post
    Thanks for the info! I'll say this about the sound system, it leaves a lot to be desired...Mine didn't come with a DVD...4 tv's no DVD, go figure.
    It may not be a bad thing, trust me the aftermarket players are far superior and easier to replace if they fail!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH I know! Any recommendations on aftermarket stuff that doesn't require a lot of RV modifying?

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

droidguru
    Quote Originally Posted by roadkingfl View Post
    OH I know! Any recommendations on aftermarket stuff that doesn't require a lot of RV modifying?
    We actually just got a couple of generic blu-ray players from Best Buy on Black Friday. They are small enough to fit on the shelf with the TV and they work on their side.

Down side is we have them directly in the TV (so the sound goes through the TV and not the Ceiling Speakers). They all work great. As for replacing the Furrion without modding the opening I wouldn't know where to begin, maybe talk to someone at Crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com/) or try their website.

I think most just by a single din receiver and make a piece to cover up the hole, just make sure that it has the correct amount of zones and that you don't need a different connection in the rear (power, speaker inputs, etc) or else it could get complicated. This is something I will probably replace once it bites the dust. If that happens I'll post some pics of the mod.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on my 2nd Furrion 3100 and the 3rd is on the way. It plays CDs alright but after about an hour on a DVD they lock-up -- kind of frustrating when you would like to see how a movie ends.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have we reached the point for a recall of the systems yet yet? All over the internet very few good things about the Furrion system’s. At the least GD should be evaluation options to replace to another system in the future.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that GD should use something else, at least upgrade to Bluray players. My GD fifth wheel will be here next month, already making plans to replace the Furrion

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is there is little out there that do what these are SUPPOSED to do. Jensen is the other brand and their rating aren't very high either. BluRay is nonexistent in the 12v receiver format. What they need to do is separate the systems. It doesn't make sense to rely on a 12v DVD player since the TV requires 120v anyway.

Option 1) As most have done, install a sound bar and a mini BluRay player
    Option 2) Install a mini BlueRay player and route the output sound from the TV to the existing radio
    Option 3) Option 1 or plus replace Furrion head unit with Alpine/Pioneer/Sony/etc.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours will not eject. Sure wish there was a blu-ray setup for a replacement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast