Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from St Louis, MO

New owner for about two weeks of a new Imagine XLS 23bhe. I shopped for a used 23bhe, but got impatient waiting for listings and then with sellers asking for higher than expected prices. We camp a lot in our area with a tent and cots and I'm excited to continue this, but in our trailer. Our first trip is July 4th weekend for two nights at the nearby (~2 hrs) Mark Twain National Forest, but couldn't get a site with electric or water connections. I bought a new Honda generator to help keep the one battery charged and have the ability to retract the slide at the end of the trip. I've been purchasing a lot of stuff since bringing the 23bhe home. I consider them must have items, but I can be persuaded easily into thinking that way.

I'm hesitant on disclaiming my tow vehicle, but I've got questions to post and will have to give it up anyhow. It's a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 v8 with a Husky WD and sway bar. The Jeep is rated to pull 7200, but I can't remember the payload capacity right now. Once we're loaded for the first trip we'll hit a CAT scale that is close by and make adjustments.

While looking at different travel trailers for over a year I used this site to research grand design. It's a great resource of info.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from North Carolina! Be safe, have fun, and make some memories!
    Jake and Leah, our two boys, and our Lab
    Based out of North Carolina, currently in Henderson, TX
    2013 RAM 2500 6.7L 4x4
    2015 Reflection 323BHS

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and the Grand Design family. I think you are right to have concerns about the payload on your GC - let the fun begin!

As you move forward, it would be a good idea to create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Central Florida! Enjoy your inaugural trip. I'd book your next trip NOW so you can get water and electric.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to group. Your payload capacity is marked on the sticker in your driver door jam. Look for a yellow sticker. I'm afraid that you might be in for a little shock though.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Georgia.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjokibbe View Post
    New owner for about two weeks of a new Imagine XLS 23bhe. I shopped for a used 23bhe, but got impatient waiting for listings and then with sellers asking for higher than expected prices. We camp a lot in our area with a tent and cots and I'm excited to continue this, but in our trailer. Our first trip is July 4th weekend for two nights at the nearby (~2 hrs) Mark Twain National Forest, but couldn't get a site with electric or water connections. I bought a new Honda generator to help keep the one battery charged and have the ability to retract the slide at the end of the trip. I've been purchasing a lot of stuff since bringing the 23bhe home. I consider them must have items, but I can be persuaded easily into thinking that way.

I'm hesitant on disclaiming my tow vehicle, but I've got questions to post and will have to give it up anyhow. It's a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 v8 with a Husky WD and sway bar. The Jeep is rated to pull 7200, but I can't remember the payload capacity right now. Once we're loaded for the first trip we'll hit a CAT scale that is close by and make adjustments.

While looking at different travel trailers for over a year I used this site to research grand design. It's a great resource of info.
    Found dealer in Bonne Terre MO Nice people really good prices. Welcome

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the old one View Post
    Found dealer in Bonne Terre MO Nice people really good prices. Welcome
    Yep, that's where we ended up buying our trailer from and they are really nice. I don't think any of the people we worked with were campers though. It wasn't necessary for us for them to be campers, but something to keep in mind if going through them. The dealer in Wentzville is really nice too, a bit closer in distance, and has been around longer. It was a matter of availability and price on using the Bonne Terre dealer.
    2021 Imagine XLS 23bhe
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland v8 4WD | 7,400 tow | 6800 GVWR
    Husky WD 30849 w/ sway control kit | Tekonsha brake controller
    Jeep + driver and 2 passengers = 5,990 | Trailer = 6,520 | Tongue = 760

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from Michigan. On a separate note is there a nice campground around St Loius? We'lll be visiting in Aug when the Tigers play the Cardinals. We stayed there years ago but didn't really like the campground we were at.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Welcome from Michigan. On a separate note is there a nice campground around St Loius? We'lll be visiting in Aug when the Tigers play the Cardinals. We stayed there years ago but didn't really like the campground we were at.
    I'm actually new to the area and have only tent camped the sites in the Mark Twain National Forest, which is about 2 hours south west of St Louis. But, if you don't mind the drive to the game I highly suggest Johnson Shutins State Park. You will be able to cool off in the river in August. It will probably be crowded on a weekend, but there's usually a spot to just sit in the chutes to chill.

I really like the Cardinal stadium. Have fun.
    2021 Imagine XLS 23bhe
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland v8 4WD | 7,400 tow | 6800 GVWR
    Husky WD 30849 w/ sway control kit | Tekonsha brake controller
    Jeep + driver and 2 passengers = 5,990 | Trailer = 6,520 | Tongue = 760