Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogreenwave View Post
    Hello,

I am having an issue (discussed on another thread) with my '21 Imagine 23BHE. Has anyone out there had any success with getting technical support directly from GD? The dealer and all other repair places are months out and I need to get this issue resolved sooner. I had heard stories of people contacting GD and having replacement parts sent directly to them. I was hoping to be able to talk to a tech and get help troubleshooting the problem. After waiting 3 days for a call back, I was sent information for out-of-network repair. There is no option on that to repair it myself. Is there a number I can call to speak to a tech? I have been calling the main GD#. One of the reasons I bought a GD product was I thought they were there for their customers, even if the dealer couldn't help. Now I am not so sure.

Thanks,

Matt Cole
    In my opinion the best way to deal with Grand Design support is to talk to them on the phone. Yes you will have to wait on hold but it is worth the wait. Once you get on the phone with a tech they are all yours to ask questions of. I deal with Reflection support so don’t know about the other product lines.

They open at 8am Eastern time, call when they open.
    Always make the selection to stay on the line.
    Sometimes they pick up fast or I think 30-45 mins would be the longest I have waited.

* Have your vin number handy.
    * Ask them to open a case on your problem.
    * Get the case number from them.
    * Have your problem written out in an email with good supporting images.
    * Add the case number to the subject of the email.
    * Send the support person the email and have them enter it into your case.

If you need parts and you are going to install them request that they ship them directly to you. You will not be paid for your labor to install parts.
    You can request a mobile tech to install the parts.
    Talk to them about your options.

I have had very positive experiences with GD support. I live on the road and install my own parts.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 07-02-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't call GD Customer Service and talk to a certified RV technician - but you can talk to folks who are extremely knowledgeable about the RV and its components. If it's something they can't help you resolve over the phone, they can authorize a mobile technician if your dealer can't get you in for the repair or if you're a long way from a dealer. We've done this a number of times. We've also had GD send us a replacement component for me to install myself (most recently, the convection/microwave) under warranty. I don't know of any RV manufacturer where you can call the manufacturer and speak directly with a technician.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the info! its hard for me to call/be on hold as I work and they close at 2pm my time. Would it be better to write up an email with all the details and get a call back? My problem is the 12V sump pump (part #350363 ) under the kitchen sink stopped working and is overflowing under the sink. My plan, now that I have the trailer back home, is to drain the water out of the pump and check to make sure the float is not stuck or that there is not anything jamming the pump, and to be sure there is power to it. if I do all these things and the pump still doesn't work, I am hoping they can send me a replacement pump under warranty. I have an appointment at the dealership, but it is during a long-planned trip to visit family with the trailer. Would really like to have the trailer fixed before then. Thanks

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the info! its hard for me to call/be on hold as I work and they close at 2pm my time. Would it be better to write up an email with all the details and get a call back? My problem is the 12V sump pump (part #350363 ) under the kitchen sink stopped working and is overflowing under the sink. My plan, now that I have the trailer back home, is to drain the water out of the pump and check to make sure the float is not stuck or that there is not anything jamming the pump, and to be sure there is power to it. if I do all these things and the pump still doesn't work, I am hoping they can send me a replacement pump under warranty. I have an appointment at the dealership, but it is during a long-planned trip to visit family with the trailer. Would really like to have the trailer fixed before then. Thanks
    Sure they would send you the parts

These are things as rv ers we fix ourselves

I am positive you can have yourself up and running in no time

Our screen door handle is starting to open hard. My daughter actually struggles to open it
    I haven’t taken it apart to see the issue yet but I emailed GD and they have shipped a new assembly out. Easy as that

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I merged these 2 threads. It is never a good idea to start trying to diagnose or fix a problem in 2 separate threads. That causes duplication and a lot of confusion as to where one is as far as the problems goes.

And it is not a good idea to recommend re-explain an existing issue in a thread related to the original thread. A better idea would be to:

1) notify the moderators to combine the threads, or;
    2) places a reference to the original problem/thread (past a link is one way to reference back);
    3) just continue the second related thread on the new topic and not confuse it with the original thread.

I'm not chastising anyone here. I'm just passing on what I hope is some good advice/tactics to keep folks on track and remove any confusion or duplication. This was kind of an odd incident so I took the opportunity to jump in and, hopefully, politely avoid such duplication/confusion.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: waiting to hear back from GD. I removed and cleaned the pump and found an amazing amount of me and gunk that was clogging the pump. We have had the trailer less than a year, so this is sure to happen again. I am diligent not to wash food down the sink and use a strainer. I am thinking of pouring a small amount of bleach and water down the drain at the end of each trip to keep it clean, any other ideas? I am not sure how to keep the gunk out if it. I have owned trailers for years, but never had a sink drain sump pump before so this is new to me. Thanks, Matt

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * mold and gunk

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: waiting to hear back from GD. I removed and cleaned the pump and found an amazing amount of me and gunk that was clogging the pump. We have had the trailer less than a year, so this is sure to happen again. I am diligent not to wash food down the sink and use a strainer. I am thinking of pouring a small amount of bleach and water down the drain at the end of each trip to keep it clean, any other ideas? I am not sure how to keep the gunk out if it. I have owned trailers for years, but never had a sink drain sump pump before so this is new to me. Thanks, Matt
    With our new trailer I am diligently wiping all dishes of everything before they go in the sink
    Especially grease. That is wiped almost clean before it is washed
    My last trailer I wasn’t as diligent and it tended to get messy
    So it is working fine now?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same model...Imagine XLS 23BHE and due to the kitchen being in the slide there is a pump under the sink to pump the waste water down to the tank. Unfortunately mine get's clogged 1-2 times a season and it's a real PITA. Never again will I have a kitchen in the slide.

What I typically do now is prior to a trip I'll open up that box and try to do my best to clean any junk out of there. I'll run the water to confirm it turns on, during this test I'll have a bucket under the overflow spout. Then as a preventative measure I do my best to clean all food of dishes prior to putting in the sink and cleaning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my post from Oct 2020: My pump ceased to work last weekend resulting in water overflowing onto the floor under the sink. Until that point, I didn't know this box even existed on my 23BHE. I should have checked earlier because there was already a smell coming from under the sink. As others have mentioned in the posts above, the pump must have been an afterthought to overcome a drainage problem. But the use of the pump itself causes another problem as food particles and grease get stuck in the box, hence the smell. This eventually leads to the pump failing IF you don't clean out the box. This maintenance issue was not mentioned to me during my walkthrough, and neither is it mentioned in the manual (Yes, it must be an afterthought!). To clean the box properly, you really have to take it out and give it a good wash and rinse. Therein lies the problem, as the pump is wired to the 12V system and the hoses have been attached with permanent clamps.

For a quick fix, after I buy a new pump box, I will use wire nuts to connect the pump up and some butterfly hose clamps. This should allow for an easier removal for future cleaning. However, a better longer term solution may involve installing a grease trap.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast