User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I was able to clean out the pump, installed some finer mesh to keep larger particles out of the pump, re-installed it and it works fine. I also attached a tube to the overflow and routed it into a bucket with a watchdog water detector so I will know when it clogs up again with out it leaking under the sink. I love my trailer but this pump design is not great. It really needs a garbage disposal type unit there. I was also successful in contacting GD through email and they will be sending a new pump unit which will be going under the bed as a backup. I may look into installing some type of grease trap- it would be easier to clean that out 2 twice a year than removing and re-installing the pump every year. Thank you everyone for the help. Happy trails

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try one of the enzyme drain care products. One is actually called Drain Care. They are safe and actually good for septic systems. They clean out grease and soap scum.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have our 23bhe since Nov. but have only taken one month long trip. We had water in the drawer under the stove and on the floor.
    Yes, this model has a sump pump under the kitchen sink. It took 7 weeks and many phone calls, plus much complaining to get it fixed. The service manager said he ordered the pump from Amazon.
    I was told it was full of grease. He said like someone had poured grease down the sink. This is odd, since I do not use grease as my husband had heart problems. We use paper plates while on trips also.
    As anyone else been told this?
    Good luck getting it fixed in a timely manner.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could we all contact GD and see if they would work on resolving this issue and do a recall. Do not feel I should have to do all that has been mentioned by other. Not on a new trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am waiting for a replacement pump. I agree with you this is a design flaw. Yeah the sump is fine if you have clean water going down the drain. Even if you are diligent with not washing grease or large food particles down the drain, this pump will clog. They threw the sump pump in there to solve the problem of having the sink in the slide out, but didn't think what was going to come down the drain. Very happy with my GD trailer, but this sump pump design was a mis-step.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogreenwave View Post
    I am waiting for a replacement pump. I agree with you this is a design flaw. Yeah the sump is fine if you have clean water going down the drain. Even if you are diligent with not washing grease or large food particles down the drain, this pump will clog. They threw the sump pump in there to solve the problem of having the sink in the slide out, but didn't think what was going to come down the drain. Very happy with my GD trailer, but this sump pump design was a mis-step.
    One of the reasons I went with the 2400
    It was down to these 2

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Gogreenwave;378183]Hello, I have a imagine xls 23bhe and the 'kitchen sink waste pump' stopped working. I think that's what it's called, I looked it up on the forum. It's overflowing when we use the sink and we are on a trip, so if anyone knows any quick fixes/resets it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, it's way beyond July, but I'll leave this for posterity. My waste pump stopped working as well. I pulled it out and discovered that this is simply a holding tank with a sump pump. The sump pump is activated by a float valve. If the float valve is stuck, the tank fills (approx. 1 gal) and then leaks out the overflow. My float valve was stuck and both the pump and tank required serious cleaning. This was a disgusting job in a cramped workspace. Honestly, I don't understand why this was installed. It would have been more efficient to simply have a gravity feed straight to the gray tank.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, absolutely its frustrating. I removed the whole pump-the wires have a little plug and I replaced the pinch clamps on the drain with hose clamps. After cleaning it out in the yard, I installed some finer mesh around pump, and also made a drain cover for the sink out of the mesh. I changed our cleaning routine, every dirty plate/pot/pan gets all the food wiped off with a paper towel before washing in the sink. I started using a enzyme cleaner that is for disposals and sumps. I also added an over flow tube to the overflow/weephole that runs into a small secured bucket under the sink with a Bulldog water detector in it-at least if it fails again it wont flood under the sink! I also emailed GD and they sent me a replacement pump that I keep as a backup in case it fails in the field.

I am going to take the pump out at the end of the season and clean it and see how all these changes worked. I am assuming its just going to be a yearly job of taking it out and cleaning it, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem here. Frustrating. The pump is not reliable and I have constant leaks. Yesterday happen while winterizing the water lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by gillpg View Post
    We have our 23bhe since Nov. but have only taken one month long trip. We had water in the drawer under the stove and on the floor.
    Yes, this model has a sump pump under the kitchen sink. It took 7 weeks and many phone calls, plus much complaining to get it fixed. The service manager said he ordered the pump from Amazon.
    I was told it was full of grease. He said like someone had poured grease down the sink. This is odd, since I do not use grease as my husband had heart problems. We use paper plates while on trips also.
    As anyone else been told this?
    Good luck getting it fixed in a timely manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also an owner of an Imagine 23BHE. The kitchen sink is in the slide. The sink drains to a (approx) 1 quart plastic bin. There is 1/2" reinforced plastic tube from sink to bin. Then a 1/2" plastic pipe from bin to holding tank. There is a 12v "device" that activates when the sink water reaches a certain point and apparently forces the sink waste water into the holding tank. If water is left running for a period of time (seldom), it will cycle once the water reaches a predetermined level in the bin.

I have had several instances where this has overflowed. There are 2 screens within the bin. The first screen filters large elements from getting into the "drain device", and then there is a finer screen on the device itself. The first overflow I had was cleared when I popped the top off of the bin and cleared the large filter. That worked for a time, but a subsequent flood (overflow) required a more thorough cleaning of all screening filters particularly the fine screen on the electric bin drain.

This design is "stupid"......but I have managed to filter at the sink to keep pretty much anything solid from ever going into the drain. I check the screens prior to any trip, and that is a royal pain given there is little work room there. Fortunately I have not (yet) had issues with only a 1/2" drain pipe from this bin to the holding tank.

And, yes....the dealers are clueless of this design feature, and patently questioned whether I knew what I was talking about since they were "positive" Grand Design would never design such a pitiful (their words) system for a kitchen sink.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast