User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feed Back Please 303 owners

Haven’t posted in a long time.we are seriously looking at a new (2021)reflection 303.

For 303 owners some questions,

knowing what you know now:
    1 what 3 main areas of the new trailer would you pay attention too before buying?

2 what 3 important question would you ask the salesman about the trailer ( besides price) ?

Unfortunately I knew more about the trailer and it’s warts than he did.

thanks in advance

Coops

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside fridge connection and wiring, check floor under slides for damage, and make sure island is very secure.

I would ask to see pictures or in person inspection of properly greased and sealed wheel bearings.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Haven’t posted in a long time.we are seriously looking at a new (2021)reflection 303.

For 303 owners some questions,

knowing what you know now:
    1 what 3 main areas of the new trailer would you pay attention too before buying?

2 what 3 important question would you ask the salesman about the trailer ( besides price) ?

Unfortunately I knew more about the trailer and it’s warts than he did.

thanks in advance

Coops
    I bought a new 2021 303 last September. Overall, we’re very happy. To your questions:

1) Roof... every square inch, look for defects, imperfections, trash under the membrane that will poke through if stepped on. Mine is good, it’s got a good warranty, but it’s an expensive and time consuming repair if it is not perfect.

Interior fit and finish... all the trim. Make sure there’s space between the kitchen island and the fridge door, it’s tight. 115 outlets loose in the hole in the wall. Drawer catches. Make them vent the microwave out the wall.

Exterior, fit and finish, warped baggage doors, change the locks, put in RV lock and keyed alike baggage doors. Open the false wall in the basement and make them sort out the bowl of spaghetti they call wiring. (I’m in aviation and I almost fainted when I saw mine, no wonder RVs have so many electric issues) Get rid of the Westlake spare tire... make sure that the street side springs have not started to flatten out, it’s just a matter of time. Mine will get swapped out for 3000# springs, at the first axle bearing/brake service, the springs are really not very expensive, I’ll prolly keep the best 2 for spares for the next Alaska trip.

2) As you have seen, Most salesmen really don’t know much about what they are selling, they work for the dealer and it’s their job to get you to buy a camper. I don’t trust them at all. About all I would ask is, what do you have in stock and inbound, what day can you deliver it. My dealership promised me a delivery date, I flew down and inspected the unit, paid for it and set up the delivery date, flew home and rearranged my schedule for the 700 mile drive to pick it up. The dealer then backed out of the date and I had to push the delivery back two weeks, not a good start. I had to live with it, I got a fantastic price when campers were in short supply, and they knew they would not have to service it for me either. I drove the 1400 mile round trip to save $6000.00, all things considered, I’d do it again.

The 303 is a nice standard floor plan, great for a couple. We like ours. It has fantastic living space, great for inclement weather days when you spend more time inside. Bathroom is small, but functional, the shower is tight, if you are a bigger person. Bedroom is tight, but all I really do there is sleep. There’s ample storage up front, for most people and basic travel needs, it’s not really designed for full time living.

My biggest issue (and it’s really trivial) with the layout is that there is not really anywhere to hang jackets and put shoes when you come in from outside, especially if it’s raining.

Good luck with your search.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canadian Prices 303 rls

This is the dealer web price ( Canadian dollars) of the unit I am currently having talks on.
    The price includes the transport cost ( flat towing from Middlebury Ins. to Williams Lake BC)

Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 2021

$72,905.00 Canadian $

37 hr (2,285.4 mi) Travel time/mileage

($59,104.00 in US funds)

The Canadian dollar is worth .81 cents compared to the USA dollar.( today)

The Canadian dealer pays the transportation cost and the dollar exchange rate.

Canadian dealers are not losing money.

Coops

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the dealer web price ( Canadian dollars) of the unit I am currently having talks on.
    The price includes the transport cost ( flat towing from Middlebury Ins. to Williams Lake BC)

Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 2021

$72,905.00 Canadian $

37 hr (2,285.4 mi) Travel time/mileage

($59,104.00 in US funds)

The Canadian dollar is worth .81 cents compared to the USA dollar.( today)

The Canadian dealer pays the transportation cost and the dollar exchange rate.

Canadian dealers are not losing money.

Coops
    That’s basically MSRP...

That’s way too much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What price are you referring to?
    Canadian or American?

Coops

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feed Back Please 303 owners

What price are you referring to?
    Canadian or American?

Coops
    For a 2022 303, on the GD website, msrp is about 68k. Plus delivery and fees. If you can find a leftover 2021 it shouldn’t be over 55, heck, for 60k, I’ll deliver my 2021 303 to you at the Canadian border in BC... it’s pristine and still under warranty.

I’m thinking there’s going to be a lot of lightly used trailer on the market in the near future, when the hysteria dies down.

Last edited by SabreDriver; 06-29-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canadian Dollar

$55000 US Dollar =$68063.71 Canadian Dollar.The Canadian figure includes delivery fees, taxes extra.

$68 k Canadian is the number I am thinking.( or lower)

The unit we are looking at has been on the lot for a while as there is more demand for bumper pull travel trailers.

The actual worth of anything is what a person will pay for it.

Thanks for the response.

Coops

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We factory ordered our 22 reflection 303rls may. 24th, locked in at $59,000. 6-8 weeks lead time. Happy daze RV's Sacramento, CA.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We paid $44,295 before tax in February of 2019. That included the second AC installed from the factory and two 6 volt batteries installed by the dealer. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison because the RV market and the world were much different two years ago.

We have been completely happy with this trailer. We have owned three bumper pull trailers previously and I already had my eye on the next trailer before the current trailer made it home. That is definitely not the case with the 303. There are no shortcomings (compromises) that weren't readily apparent to us before we made the purchase. It has been exactly what we expected, and more. I immediately replaced the Westlakes with Goodyear Endurance tires before the first big trip. That wasn't optional to me. I had to replace a propane regulator. The leaf springs were upgraded (both sides were getting flat, especially under the kitchen slide) and the suspension reinforced recently. Everything else was an upgrade because we wanted something different or better (sofa, sink, toilet, etc.). Heck, making it your own is half the fun! Our refrigerator has been a little temperamental (as are many, or maybe most) but I have discovered that as long as it is nearly perfectly level (especially side to side), it operates as it should.

I suggest you know the trailer inside and out before you decide to buy it. I like to be a subject matter expert before I buy anything. I always know a lot more than the salesperson...but that usually isn't saying much. When you settle on a particular trailer, test every system and check every outlet. Make sure that it is 100% functional before you tow it off the lot. Then hope for the best!

From what I have seen, that $55K US doesn't seem completely outrageous. If you want it now and you are okay with the price, that's exactly what it's worth. Good luck with your decision.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast