User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Grand Design!

I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself and and my wife Kelly to the Grand Design Forum! The wife and I are trading our 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH off this Friday to take delivery of our very 1st Grand Design RV. We chose the Solitude 325X! We just love everything about this fifth wheel. I am a little apprehensive about it because I have to learn backing up a fifth wheel. Hopefully it isn't much more difficult than our travel trailer but we will see. Hopefully this will be the start of even greater vacations with more space and luxury living! You all seem to be a very friendly group of people and who knows, maybe we get to meet some of you out on the road, in campground or at a Grand Design event. We are getting too late of start, so the Anchor Down trip this year will be out. We have very much wanted to try that campground so maybe this is the year. Clabough's in Pigeon Forge is our first stop this year! I can't wait to try the new RV!
    Kevin & Kelly
    2014 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    CC/SB Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
    Load Lifter Ultimate 5000 w/Wireless Air
    2015 Grand Design Solitude 325X

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome Kevin and Kelly - Congrats on the new Solitude! You'll find backing up isn't all that much different than your TT. Just have a spotter at the back and you should be fine.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Kevin and Kelly and congrats on your new Solitude. I think you will find that the 5th wheel will tow a whole lot better than the TT. Backing will be a little different, the 5th wheel will react just a hair slower than the TT, but having the experience of towing you will love the 5th wheel.

Steve

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin & Kelly View Post
    I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself and and my wife Kelly to the Grand Design Forum! The wife and I are trading our 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH off this Friday to take delivery of our very 1st Grand Design RV. We chose the Solitude 325X! We just love everything about this fifth wheel. I am a little apprehensive about it because I have to learn backing up a fifth wheel. Hopefully it isn't much more difficult than our travel trailer but we will see. Hopefully this will be the start of even greater vacations with more space and luxury living! You all seem to be a very friendly group of people and who knows, maybe we get to meet some of you out on the road, in campground or at a Grand Design event. We are getting too late of start, so the Anchor Down trip this year will be out. We have very much wanted to try that campground so maybe this is the year. Clabough's in Pigeon Forge is our first stop this year! I can't wait to try the new RV!
    Welcome to our happy famiy Kevin and Kelly!! Did you already try to get into Anchor Down? They set aside a block of sites for us but when those were filled up the rest of us just took sites anywhere in the CG. It is a great place and they are constantly adding things. Maybe you can give them a call and see if anything is left anywhere else. Would love to meet you guys there!. Grand Design is sponsoring a dinner for us on Wednesday of that week and are also sending a couple of items for us for a drawing.
    Hope to see you there after all!!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, Kevin & Kelly! And congrats on your Solitude. We also traded up from a Jayco TT, a Jay Feather 30' bunkhouse.
    Towing the 5er is much nicer, backing is a little different but easily adjusted to.
    Hope you can make Anchor Down, should be a great time.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have not tried to get into Anchor Down yet. I doubt that we can get the time off that quick since we are going to Pigeon Forge in May. Myrtle Beach in the Fall and if we can manage, some long weekend trips locally in between at best. I do get 4 weeks vacation next year though! I will hopefully be able to become a site sponsor and keep up with events through here. Hopefully Anchor Down will have another trip in the future!
    Kevin & Kelly
    2014 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
    CC/SB Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
    Load Lifter Ultimate 5000 w/Wireless Air
    2015 Grand Design Solitude 325X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin & Kelly View Post
    Clabough's in Pigeon Forge is our first stop this year! I can't wait to try the new RV!
    This is an old thread but was wondering how you liked Clabough's?
    A couple of us have booked a trip there and I was just wondering if we made a good choice or not.

If anybody else has gone there I would appreciate your input on what you thought about this campground.

Thanks.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R