User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Rv air flow systems

I just installed the RV airflow System on my 2018 Imagine 2250RK and I can feel a lot more air coming out of the ducts.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 337rls came with one factory installed on the main unit. I liked it so much I now have one installed on the bedroom unit.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news, I just ordered two for our Solitude 310GK/R.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyd53 View Post
    I just installed the RV airflow System on my 2018 Imagine 2250RK and I can feel a lot more air coming out of the ducts.
    I installed one a couple of days ago. I have a handheld anemometer, so I did some measurements with only the front vent (in the bedroom) and the back vent (over the kitchen) open.

Before install I got a maximum of 8.5 f/s out of the front vent and 8.8 f/s out of the back. Post install, I was seeing 12.7 f/s and 13.6 f/s respectively. There was apparently a lot more short circuiting than I thought.

I was messing about in the trailer yesterday, I could only get the temp down to 82 inside. But it was 102 outside and the trailer is in full sun, so I was pleased. Normally I'm in the shade
    Steve & Sheryl
    Bucca and Nyx RIP-Tag and Gordon
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    Ford F250

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 2250RK has the Furrion AC unit in it and they don't make the RV Airflow insert for this unit (yet). So I did what I could ot seal up the outlet of the unit and it did increase the airflow quite a bit but suspect it could be better if it had an insert such as the RV Airflow plenum. So far the AC works great and have only had it out in temps in low 90's and it was able to keep its in the low 70's were we set it....
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put one in my 2019 297RSTS (1 A/C unit) and am extremely pleased. I was planning on putting in a 2nd A/C but not now. I saved a ton $$$. I did not take measurements before/after but can feel the difference. We have not hit extreme heat yet, but i know it will perform better than the last 2 summers...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the same on all 3 units in our 398. Way quieter and tons of air flow. Check out changing lanes on YouTube chad actually measures the temp and flow difference.
    Anyone needing use this discount.
    15% off and I get $10
    http://portal.referralcandy.com/R5JP...nk_email_click

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added tha RV Airflow kit to our Imagine 2400BH and we’re VERY pleased. We were in the heat and humidity of Arkansas earlier this summer (and it was hot AND humid!) and never had to bump the A/C over “Lo Cool” where last year we never had it lower than “Hi Cool.”

Big difference in air flow with the added benefit of being quieter - which shouldn’t be possible. I’m glad we purchased directly from them rather than making our own version. Happy to support a small business that spent a lot of R&D money to create an effective and needed product. Kudos to them!

By the way, we also used the Changing Lanes discount code to save a couple of bucks and support Grand Design YouTubers.

Bob
    Last edited by Rovers; 07-03-2021 at 03:37 PM.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed two on our GD 380FL....you can hang meat in the RV!!!!
    2020 Solitude 380FL
    2022 F450 King Ranch DRW
    US Submarine Veteran
    USS Queenfish SSN 651

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After watching all of the videos bout this product (almost all of them were with Coleman or other units) we purchased one of these for our 2016 Dometic unit w/Heat pump. When we installed it we found that our model number AC was not 'exactly' the same as the newer ones. Fair enough. The difference was that the internal baffle between the intake and outlet needed to be repositioned about 3/4 inch. I removed the baffle assembly and drilled out the tiny spot welds that held the divider, and then pop-riveted it back in the correct position. A little foil tape and Viola!

The difference in the air flow cannot be determined without testing equipment, but I can say that the difference in volume is astounding. We can actually sleep with the AC on now. Before it was way too loud!

The insert for our non-heat pump Dometic AC is just now available this week. We'll be ordering one for our other unit will be placed shortly, knowing that I will have to do the same modification. This is good!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast