Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 volt wires in the bedroom vent

I am getting ready to install a maxxair fan in the bedroom of our 303 and have a question regarding the wiring. I have found the 110v and the 12v wires, the 110v terminates in a box but the 12v appears to be a continuous wire, do I just splice into the 12v line?
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes That's what I did.....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to do the same thing. In our 2020 268bh, I see the AC wiring, and I see one wire consisting of 7 wires. Donít know what that is.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 7 wire cable contain the thermostat wires. You will find the other end in the wall by the bedroom light switch. The wire colors will match up with the wires on the thermostat. The exception is the grey thermostat wire that is used for heat. If it is going to be a cool only unit, then connect the grey to the white wire in the bundle and use that for the grey wire at the unit. Two wires in the cable will not be used and can be cut off after all of the other connections are made.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thermostat to heat pumps 7 wire cable would not support many amps. I think they mostly just convey "signals and information" (fan, heat, cool 'triggers') and the power to run the AC functions is wired at the AC.

So I don't think it is a good idea to use that cable for powering anything else.

If, however, that 12v continuous wire is a 14 gauge wire or better then it might be a good place for sourcing your 12 volts. First you'll have to determine what it is for and if the fusing of that circuit will support a fan. If it's a switched circuit you might need to find another source.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods