User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmusic View Post
    I haven't been thrilled with the low signals I'm getting just direct wired to the receiver. I'm about ready to go back to my old DirecTV standard dish until they retire the satellite. Getting one satellite was far easier than having to get three. They were going to end SD service and now I haven't heard anything about it for two years. I can't imagine that trying to align the HD DirecTV dish would be that easy either. I don't want to get an online subscription cuz I pay enough as it is for satellite and I'd have to use data and a hotspot too cuz our campgrounds don't have wifi and it costs less than 10 bucks a month to do it the way I have been. Thank you for the suggestions! I thought this thing would make my life easier and it clearly is not!!!
    Consider the Winegard Pathway X2 antenna for Dish Network before you do anything drastic. It has the largest reflector (and therefore the strongest signals) of any of the portable automatic antennas. We've had great success with ours for six years now (full-time). I still had to create a direct line in underneath the entertainment center - and I use quad-shield cable for everything - but whenever the X2 can see the sky, I get a good signal.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmusic View Post
    Hey, Larry, so are talking about the stock connectors that are on the wall plate? Is there a specific kind of specification I should be looking for? I agree that there should be no splitters since everything is direct wired to each individual outlet. I just wired it directly to the receiver through the window and I get signal, it is low which I'm not thrilled about, but is there so it has to be inside the trailer. I can't go much shorter than a 25 foot cable also. Thanks for your help!
    The barrel connector in my wet bay for the living room TV had a bad center conductor. I may have caused it. But it was (for me) easy to replace. I had to pretty much destroy the old one to get it out because of the way the panel is molded but putting on a new one was easy.

I had a situation with my Playmaker antenna recently where I had to run a coax in through a window at two different campgrounds. After relocating to another campground everything worked better. It was just a case of some tress on the fringe of the signal area causing too weak a signal. I never experience that before. So an absolutely clear view of the 110, 119 and 129 satellites is critical. I use SatFinderPro on my iPhone to sight the location of my antenna.

And there was the time I was cussing about no signal but had plugged the satellite dish into my cable connector rather than the satellite connector. argh!!!! now I pay attention!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12