User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Tank Flush Question

Do you need to have a pressure regulator installed when performing a black flush? Is there a concern to over pressure the inlet lines?

Thanks
    Dutchman2

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it's an open ended system. As long as you have the black tank dump valve open, there is no need for a pressure regulator.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second what @FT4NOW said

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Had a feeling it was not critical with an open system, but wasn’t so sure of the spray ports orifice size in the tank. Just a little concerned about the back pressure possibly building up.

Much appreciated.
    Dutchman2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I leave the black valve closed to get some “fill”in the black tank with the flush running. Much better flush. Obviously if the tank is over 2/3rds full, this is not required.
    Even after the tank is empty and I close the valve, I leave the flush running while I walk over and shut off the tap. Usually this adds 4 to 8 litres to the bottom of the tank to slosh around while on the road.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    I leave the black valve closed to get some “fill”in the black tank with the flush running. Much better flush. Obviously if the tank is over 2/3rds full, this is not required.
    Even after the tank is empty and I close the valve, I leave the flush running while I walk over and shut off the tap. Usually this adds 4 to 8 litres to the bottom of the tank to slosh around while on the road.
    I have been dumping the black at 3/4 full or higher followed by closing the valve and back flushing for 1.5 minutes. Then open valve again. Repeat process twice for clear water to be visible. Then dump grey tanks. Never left any in the black tank to slosh around as I have no place to dump at our storage facility. I would be concerned over time the black tank sloshed water would begin tin smell?