User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Repair Experience - Burlington RV or General RV?

We had a blowout that caused a lot of damage, and are in the process of working thru that with State Farm. Tread took out a few welded frame supports, broke the wood bottom footer of the exterior wall, destroyed the OSB floor underneath our kitchen cabinets, and broke the water pump... there's no way I'm attempting this repair myself without an enclosed shop.

We've visited both Burlington RV in SE Wisconsin and General RV in Huntley IL, both of whom are GD dealers. The sales guys at General were horrible, and Burlington was the exact opposite. For repair service, it's hard to gauge who would do the better job, but I'm leaning towards Burlington since they're not a chain.

Anyone here with major repair experience from either shop? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210625_161632.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	35174Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210625_161351.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	35175

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane Hog View Post
    We had a blowout that caused a lot of damage, and are in the process of working thru that with State Farm. Tread took out a few welded frame supports, broke the wood bottom footer of the exterior wall, destroyed the OSB floor underneath our kitchen cabinets, and broke the water pump... there's no way I'm attempting this repair myself without an enclosed shop.

We've visited both Burlington RV in SE Wisconsin and General RV in Huntley IL, both of whom are GD dealers. The sales guys at General were horrible, and Burlington was the exact opposite. For repair service, it's hard to gauge who would do the better job, but I'm leaning towards Burlington since they're not a chain.

Anyone here with major repair experience from either shop? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210625_161632.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	35174Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210625_161351.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	35175

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Burlington rv install my WDH wrong the dual batteries wrong and couldn’t fix pluming leak on 2 new trailers at pdis I rejected both Finally had to accept it and fix my self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That might be one for the GD Service Center if you can get in.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a little damage to our 337 and took it to Marengo Auto Body, they did a great job and I would return if I have damage again.
    We bought from General but had some struggles with their service. We tried to deal with Burlington but couldn’t arrive at a number that was fair for both sides!
    We have a 2014 so I am sure things have changed at both places since then
    Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim and Cal
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 5.9