User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always wondered about those people that wouldn't use their toilet think of those outhouses when they go somewhere that doesn't have full bathrooms. Do they like that smell and all the cobwebs with spiders all around.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your original post you mention "WE" so I would assume you have a spouse, as far as I know women use little amounts of TP or what you are most likely calling marshmallows when they do a #1 .

Use the restroom for its intended purpose and use plenty of water and a TP that breaks down in the tank as it sounds like your in full service areas generally anyway.
    The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SPOT ON Rob!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% agree Lane!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BC315RLTS View Post
    It is definitely toilet paper.

My parents used to have that "no solids" rule and it's the first thing I threw out when we purchased our first trailer.
    I concur. Being the oldest of four I was "volunteered" to take the coffee can down to the bathroom every morning. Only our mom was allowed to use the potty and then only at night.

When I finally got my own trailer I made sure the potty was working normally. Since I have to do the dumping anyway I may as well use it all the time. My wife and I can got a full 15 days without having to dump the black tank on our Solitude. My brother has a new Cedar Creek Hathaway, the top model of that line. He figures it is only for night use. His loss.
    Last edited by fez111; 07-03-2021 at 03:01 PM.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleb0y View Post
    In your original post you mention "WE" so I would assume you have a spouse, as far as I know women use little amounts of TP or what you are most likely calling marshmallows when they do a #1 .

Use the restroom for its intended purpose and use plenty of water and a TP that breaks down in the tank as it sounds like your in full service areas generally anyway.

Ran this past the wife she says the first time I have to put my clothes back on and go out in the cold to use campground facilities late at night will be the last time I go camping with you. Do you want your wife/child of any young age walking in the dark to the bathroom? I agree after spending $70,000 dollars for a camper and to force everyone to "go" over there or not put paper in the toliet is ridiculous. So what happens in the middle of the night, Oh... it`s pouring down raining or snowing or what if your having stomach problems like we all do from time to time... "am I going to make it, am I going to make it". "Yeh well your going to have to hold it Honey if you don`t want to go out in the howling rain. Life happens, better prepared then have to adapt for no good reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwcrosby View Post
    "No solids" means no poop. No toilet paper is just a personal choice, perhaps due to personal exposure to cultures in other parts of the world. It's not a hard-and-fast rule for us, just a personal choice. I trust we are still afforded such things. It has nothing to do with any lack of understanding or trust in normal black tank chemistry or practices.
    Several responses to your original post appear to have a “piling on” (no pun intended) vibe of criticism and opinions related to your restroom practices… which is unfortunate because I think your question is submitted out if genuine curiosity and concern. Nonetheless, I hope you’ll continue to stay engaged on the forum, as it’s generally a great place to learn and contribute… and I choose to assume good will was intended from those critiquing your general rule of practice.

Anyway, in my opinion, the best way to truly know what’s happening with your black tank system would be to first use it as it was intended to be used… even if just temporarily… to assess if things are actually functioning properly inside the tank. I also suggest that what you’re seeing is likely just TP. Perhaps there isn’t enough “activity” going on in the tank for the product you’re using to effectively break down whatever brand of TP you’re using? Depending upon the outcomes (again, no pun intended) of any (temporary?) change in your rules or practice, you can then determine what (if any) level of concern and action would be best for you and your rig moving forward.

And as the saying goes, “water is your friend,” along with using the proper TP product.

All the best to you.
    Last edited by Mobile Mesa; 07-04-2021 at 08:28 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"a full 15 days without having to dump the black tank" ???

Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    I concur. Being the oldest of four I was "volunteered" to take the coffee can down to the bathroom every morning. Only our mom was allowed to use the potty and then only at night.

When I finally got my own trailer I made sure the potty was working normally. Since I have to do the dumping anyway I may as well use it all the time. My wife and I can got a full 15 days without having to dump the black tank on our Solitude. My brother has a new Cedar Creek Hathaway, the top model of that line. He figures it is only for night use. His loss.
    15 days for two people? That is amazing! How big is your black tank? Did you enlarge it?
    2019 Imagine 2970RL 34' Travel Trailer, pulled by 2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Diesel.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjnava View Post
    15 days for two people? That is amazing! How big is your black tank? Did you enlarge it?
    I just dumped after 7 days with a family of 4 in our imagine the gray tank on the other hand requires a tote or two every couple of days

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine too

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrosby View Post
    We purchased a new 2021 22MLE last fall and have had it out on 5 trips so far. We love it.

We have a general rule of no solids or TP in the black tank. (We always camp at sites with public restrooms.) There have been a couple exceptions when a grandchild had to go…and go NOW!

On our 3rd trip this year I finally was able to hook a city water line to the black tank flush and give it a good cleaning at our full-hookup campsite. I have a clear elbow at the outlet so I can monitor the “activity.” I was very surprised with the number of white “globs” that the tank flush dislodged. They didn’t look like TP (remember, we’ve put virtually no TP in the blank tank since our purchase), but more like marshmallows. I watched for quite some time as they continued to keep coming. Of course, I wasn’t about to try and “catch” one to analyze it!

Does anyone have any idea what that stuff might have been? Manufacturing “slag?”

One thing I can say, the black tank flush does a great job!
    I have the same thing happening with all three tanks. Not a lot but I can see them for sure. We don't use TP either. They're not very big but I think posibly it's certain waste whitened by the chemical in the black tank. The ones in the gray tanks are small, maybe the size of a nickel and just a minimal amount. I dont really think its something to worry about. Just my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast