User Tag List

Thread: squeaky floor

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

squeaky floor

We have a 1019 303rls Reflection. since day 1 the floor in the bathroom squeaks when walking by the shower into the bedroom. We had the dealer look at it, they installed some additional support braces under the floor in the crawlspace. It didn't fix it & still squeaks, quite annoying. Anyone else have this problem?
    JP
    2019 Reflection 303RLS 5th wheel
    2020 F-250 SRW Lariat Crew Cab
    Pull Rite 16k Super Slide

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function, you'll find that this has been discussed many times. It's not unusual - and not unique to Grand Design units, either. Our previous Reflection fifth wheel had a squeak in the bedroom floor (between the bed and the dresser) that would come and go depending on the temperature and humidity. None of the remedies I tried worked. We lucked out with our Solitude - so far, no squeaks.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you use the search function, you'll find that this has been discussed many times. It's not unusual - and not unique to Grand Design units, either. Our previous Reflection fifth wheel had a squeak in the bedroom floor (between the bed and the dresser) that would come and go depending on the temperature and humidity. None of the remedies I tried worked. We lucked out with our Solitude - so far, no squeaks.

Rob
    Thanks Rob & Thank You for your service!
    JP

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
    We have a 1019 303rls Reflection. since day 1 the floor in the bathroom squeaks when walking by the shower into the bedroom. We had the dealer look at it, they installed some additional support braces under the floor in the crawlspace. It didn't fix it & still squeaks, quite annoying. Anyone else have this problem?
    I have the 29RS (same shower enclosure as the 303 I believe) and I was chasing that squeak and found that most of the noise came from the shower doors themselves. The wife actually noticed it. As we walked past the floor flexes a bit and the shower doors squeak.
    Doesn't bother me as much now that I know what it is.
    Safe travels,
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2021 also squeaks near the shower. It irritates me. DW doesn’t care. I’ve read posts saying that GD won’t help with this issue. It’s also camping seasons and I don’t want to take it to my dealer and let it sit for weeks or months. I guess I’ll just live with it and be thankful it’s not in the kitchen area like others have experienced. That would really aggravate me.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found the source to an irritating noise in our bathroom
    Every time I walked in there was a noise coming from behind the toilet
    Determined it was the inlet hose coming through the wall and between it and the vinyl wall grommet it was making the noise
    Stuffed some TP around it and total silence

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    Our 2021 also squeaks near the shower. It irritates me. DW doesn’t care. I’ve read posts saying that GD won’t help with this issue. It’s also camping seasons and I don’t want to take it to my dealer and let it sit for weeks or months. I guess I’ll just live with it and be thankful it’s not in the kitchen area like others have experienced. That would really aggravate me.
    Thanks, looks like we will too.
    JP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jerry - YES! 2016 29rs and the bathroom floor squeaks like crazy. One time I mentioned it at the dealer and we kind of narrowed it down to the vinyl under the front edge or the bathroom cabinet. I believe he sprayed a non sticky (like silicone) along the edge and it stopped for a while. I thnk the front edge was floating and rubbing on the vinyl. LOL As soon as I wrote this I thought "why not try to screw the front of the cabinet (on the inside) to the floor better...hmmm something to try).
    That does not answer how to stop the shower unit from squeaking though. I have not but I will try some silicone there.
    If you get any other clues PLEASE let me know...thanks.
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Webmeister View Post
    Hi Jerry - YES! 2016 29rs and the bathroom floor squeaks like crazy. One time I mentioned it at the dealer and we kind of narrowed it down to the vinyl under the front edge or the bathroom cabinet. I believe he sprayed a non sticky (like silicone) along the edge and it stopped for a while. I thnk the front edge was floating and rubbing on the vinyl. LOL As soon as I wrote this I thought "why not try to screw the front of the cabinet (on the inside) to the floor better...hmmm something to try).
    That does not answer how to stop the shower unit from squeaking though. I have not but I will try some silicone there.
    If you get any other clues PLEASE let me know...thanks.
    Hi Bradley, based on all of the response it sounds like a common problem with Grand Design....hmmm. I haven't found a solution yet to quiet the squeaky bathroom floor. I plan to go underneath the floor in the bay area & maybe try some support braces along the flooring frame. Will post the results. Thanks!
    JP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
    Hi Bradley, based on all of the response it sounds like a common problem with Grand Design....hmmm. I haven't found a solution yet to quiet the squeaky bathroom floor. I plan to go underneath the floor in the bay area & maybe try some support braces along the flooring frame. Will post the results. Thanks!
    Looking forward to the results and maybe pics or details on how you go about doing that...
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider