Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

recommend what tire load range and make for a 2021 model 2250rk

Trying to get an idea on what brand of tire and load range may improve the handling of the trailer . It has Westlake and have seen that some do not think they are reliable ? Would going to a higher load range and maybe a Goodyear Endurance tire may be better ? Also wonder about the MorRyde CRE 3000 kit if it would work on this model trailer and does it help improve the towing and sway results ? Iam not having any major problems with the trailer towing but if there is something out there that improves the sway control etc I would like to hear what others have tried.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMHO I would invest in a reputable TPMS before replacing the tires. But that's me. When it comes to Westlake, there's 2 frame of mind. I have the TireMinder I10 and I visually inspect the tires at the beginning of every tow day and often when we are stopped for lunch. The CRE3000 will improve the tt suspension, reducing tt bouncing and eliminate some stress on those blades. As for sway, that might be because you Don't have enough tongue weight. Have you scaled your setup yet? What WDH are you using?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy yourself good tire pressure monitor system, several good systems around. I use TireTraker system with lifetime warranty - don't buy those cheap ones you see advertised:
    http://www.tiretraker.com/

As far as tires I had blowout with Westlake and went with Goodyear Endurance tires; never will I use tires made in China for anything other than a wheel barrow tire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Ynot4me2;378805]IMHO I would invest in a reputable TPMS before replacing the tires. But that's me. When it comes to Westlake, there's 2 frame of mind. I have the TireMinder I10 and I visually inspect the tires at the beginning of every tow day and often when we are stopped for lunch. The CRE3000 will improve the tt suspension, As for sway, that might be because you Don't have enough tongue weight.

Treat your tires like this, work on weight distribution and you will surely age them out. Try not to get caught up in the weeds over this China tire hysteria there’s always more to the story. After you get a good TV weight and then a combination weight of TV & TT do the math and figure out the actual weight coming to bare on each TV axel and trailer tandem . Use the attached Weight to Inflation guide to determine the proper PSI (add about 10%) for your rig. There is absolutely no reason to go straight to Max. Cold inflation before understanding the weight being transported. Not many 15” tire options above load range E and that may overkill for your rig.
    https://tirepressure.com/
    As for the CRE 3000, highly recommend this as your second suspension upgrade. I ran the Dexter EZ ride for three years and recently changed to the CRE 3000, it was like putting shocks on the axels.
    Reach out to Performance Braking @ https://performancetrailerbraking.com/
    Met these folks at a Rally, they will be able to make sure you get the right parts.
    The third recommended suspension item would be a single X brace between your center spring hanger where the CRE 3000 will bolt up, got to remove this bolt during installation anyway.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fyi, I have 2250RK also. I always checked tire pressure before each trip and always had to add air to Westlake tires; not so with Goodyear Endurance. We camp for about 2 weeks ever month. When I switched out Westlake to Goodyear Endurance, I compared Westlake spare that never had been on the ground with Goodyear; both off the rim. First off Goodyear weighted more; 2nd side walls off Goodyear were must more firm. The Westlake tire was flimsy compared to Goodyear. Both I and camping buddy had blowouts with China made tires; his was another brand. Both of us had minor damage to our camper and we pulled over as soon as alarm went off.
    It's very important to have tire pressure monitor on camper; you may never know you have blowout until you have some major damage to your camper that may cost several thousand dollars to repair.
    Last edited by Buckskin; 06-29-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgr1930 View Post
    Trying to get an idea on what brand of tire and load range may improve the handling of the trailer . It has Westlake and have seen that some do not think they are reliable ? Would going to a higher load range and maybe a Goodyear Endurance tire may be better ? Also wonder about the MorRyde CRE 3000 kit if it would work on this model trailer and does it help improve the towing and sway results ? Iam not having any major problems with the trailer towing but if there is something out there that improves the sway control etc I would like to hear what others have tried.
    Here is what I have done and my experience with my changes.

Installed Goodyear Endurance Load Range E in place of Westlake OEM Tires
    After installing the GY tires I have observed that my 2970RL towed better. The trailer tracks much better behind our TV. Going around corners and curves there was less 'roll' felt. With the Westlake tires the trailer felt very 'soft' and 'lethargic' behind the tow vehicle. I believe the GY's also take some crosswinds better with less noticeable movement of the trailer. I am going to attribute these noticed differences to a more robust or stiffer sidewall on the GY. When the GYs were being installed I did compress the sidewalls on the GYs and the WLs and the GYs took a lot more pushing to get them to move.

Installed Lippert Components Inc Road Armor suspension equalizer and HD wet bolt kit
    I had the LCI Road Armor suspension equalizer installed. To replace the OEM chunk of metal equalizer. The difference is very noticeable in the ride of the trailer. Before if I went over bumps or other things in the road I would feel them on the TV and then with the trailer. Now if I go over something I feel it with the TV and feel NOTHING with the trailer. I also notice much less porpoising effect with the LCI Road Armor.

You may want to check out youtube channel by Wandering Weekends. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_vQnzGuwWY&t=358s He compared the LCI Road Armor and CRE-3000. I don't have anything to compare the Road Armor to other than the OEM cast metal equalizer. So I'm sure any of the suspension equalizer would be better than the OEM.

So . . . I am pleased with both upgrades to our trailer. Primarily made because we will be taking a couple of long trips to the unfriendly northern highways and byways.

As for your 'sway control' if you are talking about front to back side to side movement you should probably start with looking at your weight distribution first. Which costs nothing.

I didn't have any major issues with how our trailer towed either. But I am very please with the results of the two changes I have made.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed the Moryde cre 3000 and wet bolt kit around Thanksgiving.
    Are currently on our 1st long trip since and are very satisfied with the improvement.
    Towing is probably better but with our oversized truck and undersized trailer hard to tell.
    I installed the cre 3000 to reduce the shock of road travel to the trailer.
    We have noticed a big improvement in less shock to the trailer.
    Less shock equals less wear.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are running with 15" tires, the MAXIS 15" is a great tire. Lasted thousands of miles and I picked up a higher load range too. didn't change them for 4+years. have3n't found the Maxis in a 16" or I would be using them now.