Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you jack up the frame on 2670mk?

Going to upgrade suspension and need to put jack stands on the frame. What do you use to jack up frame especially on left side where gas line is next to frame and then still being able to put a jack stand on the frame.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m assuming a floor jack under the spring hanger would work.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbajim View Post
    Going to upgrade suspension and need to put jack stands on the frame. What do you use to jack up frame especially on left side where gas line is next to frame and then still being able to put a jack stand on the frame.
    most will move aside the LP line and then use bottle jacks. Its probably best in the long run to have that line inside the frame and protected against road debris.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbajim View Post
    I built some boxes out of 2 x 12 from a deck remodel, stacked two on top of one another and then added layers of single 2 x 12 with the final board next to the frame being a 2 x 4.
    Ok this is where someone is going to disagree. I raised the landing gear as low as it would go (stopping occasionally) moved the boxes into position as close to the spring hangers as possible, then lowering the landing gear (stopping occasionally) until just above level. Placed another set of boxes and boards in front of the axels and then raised the landing gear until the frame was supported. IMO, that landing gear is capable of doing the heavy lifting as it already does that every time we unhook. Attached pictures will explain.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C2FB6CF9-5FA4-461E-878C-D39891420FBA.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	35193
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5EEB8D5E-11B7-453C-A487-E96842418B82.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	35194
    Go ahead and relocate the gas further inboard for future safety.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to disagree with you Skilletface but a lot of folks do just as you proposed. I had a valve hydraulic issue so I ended up having to use bottlejack resting on stacked 4x4s to put my Sumos on. Hydraulic issue is now fixed so if I ever take the plunge into disc brakes or moryde I'd do it the way you proposed. Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and am not providing advice that may risk compromise of warranty or risk safety and well being of humans .

I also had to relocate gas line and it's much easier that it seems at first glance.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW