User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofsometrades View Post
    The dealer told me that the crank was for the slide. Apparently they have no clue what they are talking about.
    100 percent

This is why I never even met my salesman buying my trailer
    Did it all by email and phone
    Never even saw him during pick up
    There is a very high probability I know way more than he does

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting to note that the owner's manual covers both a Lippert Slide and a Schwintek slide, suggesting units are be built with either. The Lippert has a crank but the Schwintek does not (refer to screenshot of manual attached). Adding to the confusion, the photo in the manual must be a different trailer model or maybe from the rear of the 17MKE, where the vents shown are located, but I don't recall seeing any ports back there. That would be an odd place to put a slide crank with all of the tanks in between.

You got my curiosity up so I swung by while running some errands and took a couple of quick photos. Then reading recent posts after returning home, this appears to be for the spare tire. Makes sense. Otherwise the crank is too short (unless you crank from under/inside the skirt until it's partially retracted).

To further confuse things, I found online references to the tire mechanism being located just behind the stairs on the camp side (screenshot attached). Or is this where the slide crank is located, so it can be used without interference with the slide? Apparently more snooping around is needed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Presentation1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	35185

Name:	2021-06-28 16_24_24-Spare tire under RV on XLS 17 MKE - Grand Design Owners Forums — Mozilla Fir.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	35186

Name:	2021-06-28 16_13_26-Window.jpg 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	35187
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkayak View Post
    It's interesting to note that the owner's manual covers both a Lippert Slide and a Schwintek slide, suggesting units are be built with either. The Lippert has a crank but the Schwintek does not (refer to screenshot of manual attached). Adding to the confusion, the photo in the manual must be a different trailer model or maybe from the rear of the 17MKE, where the vents shown are located, but I don't recall seeing any ports back there. That would be an odd place to put a slide crank with all of the tanks in between.

You got my curiosity up so I swung by while running some errands and took a couple of quick photos. Then reading recent posts after returning home, this appears to be for the spare tire. Makes sense. Otherwise the crank is too short (unless you crank from under/inside the skirt until it's partially retracted).

To further confuse things, I found online references to the tire mechanism being located just behind the stairs on the camp side (screenshot attached). Or is this where the slide crank is located, so it can be used without interference with the slide? Apparently more snooping around is needed.

Name:	Presentation1.jpg 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	35185

Name:	2021-06-28 16_24_24-Spare tire under RV on XLS 17 MKE - Grand Design Owners Forums — Mozilla Fir.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	35186

Name:	2021-06-28 16_13_26-Window.jpg 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	35187
    Schwintek slides systems don’t have a crank
    No confusion

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NB is right. If you want to move the slide manually, you have to disconnect the slide motors from the rails and give it a heave-ho. No crank anywhere for the Schwintek Slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
    NB is right. If you want to move the slide manually, you have to disconnect the slide motors from the rails and give it a heave-ho. No crank anywhere for the Schwintek Slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just need to unhook them from the controller I believe then plug them back in once you manually move slide to lock them

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Schwintek slides systems don’t have a crank
    No confusion

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    As I mentioned, there’s uncertainty as to which slide goes into any given 17MKE unit. The manual lists both Lippert and Schwintek. I need to figure out which I have.
    Dave and Cathy
    2017 Porsche Cayenne S
    2021 Imagine 17MKE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dkayak View Post
    As I mentioned, there’s uncertainty as to which slide goes into any given 17MKE unit. The manual lists both Lippert and Schwintek. I need to figure out which I have.
    It isnt uncertain They have Schwintek

The manual is for all Imagines

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Controller could be in bathroom cabinet-When you find it, there are two connector like little plugs, maybe marked #1 &#2. Pull those out & slide can be pushed in and out-Very important to reconnect these when slide in in the retracted position as this will make sure slide doesn't slide back out when you are underway

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the drawers under/alongside the bed. Should be right there. Attached to the floor

Granted, ours does not have the Murphy bed. But there is space to be used there, I bet they didn’t move it.
    Last edited by Stealth13777; 07-01-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kjk2512 View Post
    I have a Schwintek slide system in my Imagine 17MKE. Does anyone know where the controller is located? I've looked all over the TT and can't seem to find it. Just want to be prepared in case the slide stops working so I can figure out how to get it back in.

Thanks,
    Look under bathroom cabinet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast