User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michark0906 View Post
    Thank you all. Exactly what I was thinking. These always seem “to good to be true” in what they cover and likely will end up costing me money down the road as well( on top of what they want me to pay for the warranty). Rather set my money aside in a rainy day fund when something does happen (it will) and bet that I will still be ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Smart move! I did that deed when I bought mine, unfortunately. But, after a year, I cancelled all of them and got most of my money back. If you are not a full-timer, your trailer sits half or 2/3s of its yearly life in storage. After a year or two, check out Good Sam ES Plan. The rates vary by what you want the deductible to be. Works fine for us. Good luck and happy camping!
    2019 303 RLS Reflection 5er (nickname - Coyote)
    2019 F250 Lariat FX4 CC SRW 160" WB, (nickname - Silverback) 6.7L diesel, 3.55 gears, 10K GVWR, 20" wheels, Tow Package, B&W Champion Slider
    Dennis, Judy, and Shelby (Lab-Rhodesian Ridgeback)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem with extended warranties is that when you need it, are you around someone who recognizes that warranty?
    Buying an extended warranty that is not from the manufacturer can get real dicey real fast.
    I have looked up where to get those warranties serviced at, and have found many of them are not even serviced at the dealer you bought from.
    Most of the money you pay for an extended warranty goes to the dealer as profit added on after the sale price was determined, and some dealers see the warranty as just that. When it is time to have it worked on you have to bring it to a dealer that honors that warranty. So many repair places do not want to deal with getting money from a company they do not deal with all the time so they tell you to pay them, and deal with your warranty company after they get their money.
    I learned that the hard way a few decades ago and have not been conned into buying another. I have never had an issue with Grand Design honoring their warranty, I had a set of blinds, and a Mattress issue on my current 2019 and have not had any other issues. I full time by the way. So if that warranty does not say GD, I pass by as I do not want to find a dealer who services that warrany and I am 2200 miles from where I bought it.
    2019 375 RES Linen
    KI6KER General
    Home Base Phoenix

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123