Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clear coat on cap peeling

Noticed clear coat on top of cap was peeling. Small spot about 8” x 12” We have the warranty for exterior so I took it to dealer for estimate ($8000.00)and submitted to insurance. Denied !!! Not sure how those people look in the mirror every day.
    Anyway winter was coming, we didn’t have any trips planned and I forgot about it. Well now it’s almost July and I just saw the small spot on the roof has grown to 2’ x 3’ ugh. I have a rattle can of professional clear coat (the one with a two part mix built in and the health warnings that if you so much as look at it wrong you will die). Going to try a GENTLE buff on the paint and spray this on to slow the peeling process until I can get it in to shop.

Now to the question, anyone have this experience and were able to get insurance to honor their warranty ?
    Thanks Alan

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clear coat on cap peeling

8000 for a body shop to fix for 300 bucks

I truly hate dealerships

This is the reason I drove 1300 km to save the most amount of money I could and to never have to go back to the dealer again

I have been in auto sales for my entire working life and we have the worst rep but we never do stuff like this

Are you talking about the factory warranty or a dealer add on?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer add on
    We bought the rig used, and it came with it. We had to pay a transfer fee, I think it was less than $100. What a waste!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk