User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV/Hitch/Wedge Set-up for Reflection 150

Hello All!

So excited to be part of this community, and learn from all of you! So we did it, our family bought our first, and after this first camping trip, I am extremely confident not our last RV. We recently purchased a 2021 Refection 150 Series, 268BH for our family ;Wife, Kids (6 & 7). We did our first camping trip this weekend at Jellystone in Caledonia WI, it was great for the kids to experience camping in a family friendly manner and it was close (20min) from the dealership where I picked up the rig.

I am towing this rig with a 2021 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax, with a curt E16 Hitch, and have enabled the turning point hitch so as to not ding up my truck, as I am new to towing, and concerned that I will hit the cab of my truck without the turning point activated. I had the dealership install the universal wedge on the hitch and it worked great for the drive back home yesterday. However after reading a ton on here and other sites, in the past day on my hitch the E16 from Curt, and using the proper wedge, I got worried about my set-up, so I ordered the Reese Wedge option in the Turning point manual for the Curt 16K hitch. https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...ese/30861.html

I was wondering if anyone had comments on this set-up for towing?

I don't plan on taking it for long trips anytime soon, and was questioning whether I should even activate the turning point pin box.

Thanks in advance for welcoming a newbie to your ranks and helping with the questions.

Jesse

-2021 Grand Design Reflection 150 268BH
    -2021 Silverado 2500 HD, 6.6 Duramax Diesel, Allison Transmission
    -Curt E16 Hitch, with Turning Point pin box

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the group. Let the fun times and great memories begin.
    I cant help you on your specific question but I'm sure others will chime in soon.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curt makes a wedge designed specifically for their hitch. I switched to that a couple of years ago. I would recommend using the Curt wedge.
    2019 Reflection 150 - 295RL
    2018 F-150 Heavy Duty Payload
    Max Trailer Tow

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using this Curt wedge and have towed it maybe 10,000 miles https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I like being able to turn almost 90 degrees, comes in handy at the storage place and other tight spots.
    The only downside is you need to be straight with the tongue or it doesn't go in far enough to latch. So if you unhook at an angle you need to either push the hitch back to straight or back in at the same angle. Also grease on the wedge helps.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have it, use it. It is a great safety net. I would get the Curt wedge specifically for your hitch, although I would not worry about the one you have in the mean time. One thing to watch out for, is the wedges are made to be used on several different hitches depending on its mounting orientation, keep an eye out on that.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading about the hitch, watching YouTubes, and digesting the recommended maintenance, I just installed the Curt Roller assembly to turn my A16 into slider hitch. The Turning Point set up should be serviced annually. IMO, the average RV owner does not have the expertise or the facilities necessary to disassemble the beast and put it back together. Try scheduling that annually with your dealer. It probably has it's high points, just not for me.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLandry View Post
    After reading about the hitch, watching YouTubes, and digesting the recommended maintenance, I just installed the Curt Roller assembly to turn my A16 into slider hitch. The Turning Point set up should be serviced annually. IMO, the average RV owner does not have the expertise or the facilities necessary to disassemble the beast and put it back together. Try scheduling that annually with your dealer. It probably has it's high points, just not for me.
    The downside of any slider hitch is you may forget to slide it. I have forgotten to unplug when unhitching, moved the trailer a bit with the steps down, etc.
    I haven't repacked my wheels yet but plan to do this fall in the driveway. I can't imagine repacking that one bearing in the turning point to be as much trouble as the wheels.
    2020 Reflection 150 240RL
    2020 F250 XLT 7.3L Godzilla
    Curt A20 hitch with turning point locked
    Westinghouse igen4500 LIFEPO4 280ah 3.2v cells

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found one YouTube video on this. You might want to watch it before you commit to doing it. It's more than I would tackle.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m using the turning point with a specific wedge for my B&W and it has been great so far. It handles well and is easy to hitch up. I also have a cargo camera so I can see the pin from my screen which is super helpful. The stock wedge has been slammed by many people as being a sloppy fit. As far as maintenance goes, I work on all of my stuff. I’ll grease the pin box when I winterize. Most dealerships have awful technicians. Unless my appliances fail, I’m not letting them touch anything on my 5er.

Also. The maintenance isn’t bad. You literally lock out the pinbox, loosen all 8 side bolts. Support the pinbox (someone can hold it too) remove the front 6 bolts and let it drop down slowly. It will hang and you can remove the castle nut (mark where it is first) repack the bearing with grease, clean the assembly. Put it all back. Done and done. And I guarantee that it’s more than the dealer will do when they slop grease on it and tell you it’s done. Go slow and take pics of how it was assembled. It’s not rocket science. Make sure you have a torque wrench and a 15/16 socket. Grab your favorite beverage and tell the wife that you saved her 500.00. Then take her to dinner and drink up.
    Last edited by ardvark16; 07-09-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw the YouTube video also, not bad if you have the tools handy. Still working with hitch/pinbox on 2021 150 series 260. Companion OEM Puck for Ford. Initial setup was a 3”in front of axle and towing nose high. Kissed the cab backing. Just had dealer adjust hitch so it is now 1’ in from of axle and also 1’ lower. They don’t recommend Turning Point. Will try the new set up, took delivery in June ands so far have been to a storage facility and back to the dealer several times. Keeping Turning Point in mind.
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

2021 F350 Crewcab SB 7.3 gas
    GD 150 RD260

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast