Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARounds View Post
    Ok thanks I will try with more power. Is it ok to start it connected to shore power and then just disconnect once running?
    What model trailer do you have? If you have an automatic transfer switch I wouldn't worry about it. Starting hooked up to shore power won't matter.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May only be minor, but on my last trailer (haven't checked the new one), the Onan had near the carb, a way to adjust for altitude. It should run no matter what, but maybe not as well, and another piece of the puzzle.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    General generator preventive maintenance. 1. Use non ethanol gas. 2. If your generator has gas cutoff; cutoff gas after using and run until generator quits - this get gas out of carburetor bowl that evaporates over time and turns to gel. 3. Mix a little stabilizer treatment and Sea Foam in gas - not much just a little.
    This has helped me with all gas equipment that is stored over a period of time; never had problem starting equipment.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am unclear what you are saying. Does it crank and not start, or, does it not crank at all?

If it does not crank you may have a lose battery connection or, a bad battery. If it cranks and does not start, it still could be a battery issue Since it may not be cranking fast enough

Feel free to message me.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all gas motors that sit long term I've had good success using stabil gas additive at twice the normal dose and premium fuel. Gas keeps for over a year in my mowers and motorcycles and whatever just fine if left sitting. Sure beats carb rebuilds. Honestly I also try to remember to run generators at lease once a month for an hour to keep it ready for when I really need it.
    2019 Solitude 377MBSR
    2018 RAM 3500 LB dually CC 4x4 deisel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a great you tube video on gas additives ,might be surprised what little most do.Always use Premium fuel in all small motors ,fighting with snowmobiles and outboards for decades has trained me that way.Never an issue since then starting them,with the fuel anyway..
    Retired Pilot 2021 Grand Design 30 g 2018 Ram 3500,2015 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    if you still have this problem, check your fuel connection between tank and generator. Run a small test, connect an auxiliary container filled with gasoline to the filter on the generator. 1/4 inch clear tube is all you need, this way you will be able to see the gasoline being sucked into the generator. Start priming, once gasoline reaches the generator try to start generator. if it starts and runs this is your answer. Happened to me on my 2019 Momentum, loose connection on fuel line.
    Hope this helps

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Personally I wouldn't start with it plugged into shore power. I've seen mechanics do it but I wouldn't.

Red
    Why?
    Who in the world told you that was bad?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchertx View Post
    Why?
    Who in the world told you that was bad?
    Well now!!! Instead of just stirring the pot why don't you explain why you think you it's alright.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Well now!!! Instead of just stirring the pot why don't you explain why you think you it's alright.
    Your trailer has a transfer switch that automatically switches from shore power to genset. I have had multiple boats and rv’s with gensets and they all work the same. In fact, staying on shore power benefits you because your on board charger will boost the battery when you are cranking.

If you don’t believe me call Onan customer service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12