User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unclejoey_vt View Post
    Same boat here. We've got 5 or 6 broken latches on various windows in our 2018 Reflection. I got a bunch of replacements from LCI, but the agent I spoke with didn't know anything about HOW to do the replacement. I've searched the web, YouTube, and this forum; but I'm ending up in the same place you are. Perhaps someone will see this fresh posting and weigh in.

If not, the next best thing would be a call to LCI's windows/doors customer support. They tend to be very helpful, if you get to the right person. I believe these are "8800 Series" windows. I'm planning on trying to call them myself next week, when I've got the time. If I learn anything, I'll post back here, and I request anyone else with info to do the same.

Thanks!
    You can grind out the top and bottom ridge in middle of window then remove small screw in latch and then slid latch to center of window and pull out install new one with spring from old one push latch all the way to the left or right depending on which one your replacing push hard into window track and reinstall screw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who needs window latches, here's the link
    https://www.trekwood.com/products/12...Series-RM08407

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the instructions Mr. Always Learning, it is the best I've seen on this issue. I was able to get the slider tracks out as instructed but there was still not enough clearance for the sliding window glass to clear the frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sliding window latch replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Knightclimber View Post
    Success! I had the same issue. Got the replacement latches. 580215 Window slide latch black top mount for 8800 series.
    At the center of the window, I dremeled out the small ribs that form the channel the latches slide in. I did a section in the middle of the window the same length as one of the latches. Did both the lower and upper ribs. Removed the screws that hold the springs on the latches. Slid the latches over and out through the section I opened. Put the spring from the old latch into the new, replaced them into the channel and slid to the end and replaced the crews. Thought I would have to devise some method to compress the springs for the screws but they work just fine as is.
    So glad I didn’t have to remove the entire window!
    Thanks a bunch for the info on Dremeling out the ribs. Far easier than removing the window. I can't believe the engineers at Lippert came up with such a convoluted method. Being an Engineer myself, I would have never gotten away with such a design. The only reason I can think that they did was the Lippert told them to design something that would break easily and require shop time to replace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone give me the part number and where to buy it? I need 4 of the latches and when I chatted with Lippert they couldn't help.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    I realize this is an older thread, but its my exact problem. Firt thanks to the person that provided Lippert's instructions. Second, agree with others that this is a pretty big snafu on Lippert's part. All they would have needed to do is machine off the small ridges in the center of the C channel that hold the latches in place. A person could then remove the phillips screw holding the latches in place and simply slide them to the center of the channel where they could be removed. Before removing the window assembly I'm going to try to file down the C channel ridges in the center and see if I can swap latches that way. Lippert sells touch up paint that I'll use to clean up....
    Were you able to get your latch replaced?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydia W View Post
    Can someone give me the part number and where to buy it? I need 4 of the latches and when I chatted with Lippert they couldn't help.
    Thank you.
    Here is a copy of my order with Grand Design. They are much cheaper than Lippert even if you are lucky enough to find someone at Lippert that knows what they are. I would also recommend following the post on Dremeling out the ribs. I did this and it makes changing the latches a piece of cake. Still can't imagine how Lippert could continue with such a poor design.

I don't see that the image was uploaded. The Grand Design part number is 580215 Bin 91-0203E. $3.50 each
    Last edited by Chuckm52; 08-17-2023 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckm52 View Post
    Here is a copy of my order with Grand Design. They are much cheaper than Lippert even if you are lucky enough to find someone at Lippert that knows what they are. I would also recommend following the post on Dremeling out the ribs. I did this and it makes changing the latches a piece of cake. Still can't imagine how Lippert could continue with such a poor design.

I don't see that the image was uploaded. The Grand Design part number is 580215 Bin 91-0203E. $3.50 each

Thank you so much for your help! I scoured the internet and you were the only one that really helped. I ordered the parts and they are on the way.
    Have a wonderful day!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234