User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    I realize this is an older thread, but its my exact problem. Firt thanks to the person that provided Lippert's instructions. Second, agree with others that this is a pretty big snafu on Lippert's part. All they would have needed to do is machine off the small ridges in the center of the C channel that hold the latches in place. A person could then remove the phillips screw holding the latches in place and simply slide them to the center of the channel where they could be removed. Before removing the window assembly I'm going to try to file down the C channel ridges in the center and see if I can swap latches that way. Lippert sells touch up paint that I'll use to clean up....
    I have the exact same issue. Did you have any success?

Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark&Colleen View Post
    I have the exact same issue. Did you have any success?

Thanks
    Sorry, I've not done it yet. Still on my list. We store our unit offsite in the Summer and I've not brought it home yet for Summer maintenance items that I do.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Success! I had the same issue. Got the replacement latches. 580215 Window slide latch black top mount for 8800 series.
    At the center of the window, I dremeled out the small ribs that form the channel the latches slide in. I did a section in the middle of the window the same length as one of the latches. Did both the lower and upper ribs. Removed the screws that hold the springs on the latches. Slid the latches over and out through the section I opened. Put the spring from the old latch into the new, replaced them into the channel and slid to the end and replaced the crews. Thought I would have to devise some method to compress the springs for the screws but they work just fine as is.
    So glad I didn’t have to remove the entire window!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightclimber View Post
    Success! I had the same issue. Got the replacement latches. 580215 Window slide latch black top mount for 8800 series.
    At the center of the window, I dremeled out the small ribs that form the channel the latches slide in. I did a section in the middle of the window the same length as one of the latches. Did both the lower and upper ribs. Removed the screws that hold the springs on the latches. Slid the latches over and out through the section I opened. Put the spring from the old latch into the new, replaced them into the channel and slid to the end and replaced the crews. Thought I would have to devise some method to compress the springs for the screws but they work just fine as is.
    Thanks for the info. I will give this a try.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    resurrecting an older post - where did you get the window latches from? I looked at lippert and didn't find them. They don't recognize 580215 for the latch.
    I've got one window that needs the latches replaced.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted Grand Design Customer Service. Mine is out of warranty so had to go through Retail Parts. They were less than $5 each. I only needed to replace two but ordered two spares as well.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad to hear this worked for you! Thanks much for the feedback. We attended the National Rally this past week and I had latch replacement on our list of repairs. In my case the latch was not broken off, just bent and most likely weakened. Lippert had one of their window guys to our trailer to review the problem, and he confirmed that the window would need to be removed if I wanted the latch repaired. To be honest, I think that they would have replaced the window (at no cost!) if I wanted, but I opted to just leave it as is until the latch actually breaks. I mentioned the idea of using a dremel to the tech and he also though it would work fine. After we decided to leave things as is, he dug through his tool bag and gave me a touch up marker for the black paint when I do decide to dremel it. Truely a standup company.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knightclimber, I thank you for the info on using a dremel. I just did mine and the spring will not push the latch outward. Is there a trick to the spring that you could share? Thank you
    Dean and Zelda
    2018 momentum 350M
    2018 GMC 3500 Duramax CC Lwb Srw
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 Dps
    Andersen ultimate hitch, Progressive Ems

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before putting the screws back in, raise the window and push the latches as far into the holding notches into the frame as they will go. Then put the screws in. The notches where the window is closed don’t seem to be as easy to push into as upper ones on mine.
    Last edited by Knightclimber; 12-12-2022 at 08:24 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before putting the screws back in, raise the window and push the latches as far into the holding notches into the frame as they will go. Then put the screws in. The notches where the window is closed don’t seem to be as easy to push into as upper ones on mine.
    Thank you. I will try that
    Dean and Zelda
    2018 momentum 350M
    2018 GMC 3500 Duramax CC Lwb Srw
    2018 Maverick Trail 1000 Dps
    Andersen ultimate hitch, Progressive Ems

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast