User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we have a 2018 Solitude 344gk, I am assuming the same as yours, 4 doors. Am looking for manuals. I am stumped how to put a fan behind the refrigerato as it is completely encased? Are you talking pulling it out? or is it accessable from outdoor vent/compartments? Thanks for info! I have moved thermistor to prior correct position! It seems this truly awful heat spell has broken and I am hoping it will help. I have asked around our neighborhood in campground and they all seem to be having cooling issues so I am thinking maybe it was a "premature" panic!! Those seem to be quite common around here!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an install done by @MoonShadow_1911 on the rear, outside of the refrigerator. There are quite a few examples in this lengthy thread.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...331#post359331
    (Ordered 7/13/20) 2021 Solitude 310GK, FBP, DP, HP, Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes
    Built 9/9/20; To Paint 9/11/20 (5-6 weeks); Done Paint 10/1/20; MORryde axle upgrade 10/5/20; Done at MORryde and paid for 10/8/20; Arrived at Dealer 10/20/20; picked up 11/7/20

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!! I have resolved the problem!! I took the door off and put 2 brass washers on the pin, reinstalled door and woooHoooooo!! Thanks for all the suggestions! I did also buy 2 rechargable fans (20-40hours on a charge) for hot days in the outside vents!

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope for sanity's sake that fixes your refrigerators problem. Your symptoms were exactly what we went thru. Until total replacement was finally covered by GD after 1.5 years of struggle. Are there gaps on the sides if those interior fins and the back wall?? if so only total replacement will correct the warm temps, because those gaps are allowing outside air and humidity to enter the unit. Its a manufacturing defect!
    Thank you to GD for stepping up with a new unit while Norcold (Notcold) fumbled about trying to stall. until we died or something.
    Make sure that drainage tube is hanging outside of the outside lower panel vent, or else the water will just back up in the inside tray.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure nothing is blocking the vents. One year the mice moved the i sulation and it was blocking the air from expelling from the vent

Setting Up Camp Dreamin’ Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raftsman View Post
    Make sure nothing is blocking the vents. One year the mice moved the i sulation and it was blocking the air from expelling from the vent
    ewe!! Part of some rigs refrigerator issues is that gap on top of the refrigerator. It collects heat instead of allowing it to vent. Every rig is different so every owner with fridge issues must get up there and see what’s happening. Like you did.
    Duane, Mary Jo and Milo the Dog = Full Timers
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty ccsb, 4x4, 6.7 Lariat
    2019 GD Momentum 351M.
    2016 BMW R1200 GS toy hauler toy.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Norcold 18 foot in my Solitude

WORSE REFRIGERATOR EVER

Yea had to do the washer thing

but besides that when ever it gets close to 90 degrees the fridge just can not keep up with the temperature.
    I have ordered the JC refridgeration 12 volt compressor system to replace the Gas system. I am just to tired of hacing to deal with the Norcold under engineered system
    2019 375 RES Linen
    KI6KER General
    Home Base Phoenix

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JiMissy View Post
    I have ordered the JC refridgeration 12 volt compressor system to replace the Gas system.
    You will have to post on the mod section when you do it, and give the rest of us a review! (Please?) [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same Norcold in our 2016 Solitude. Except for the flap between the doors that I had to grind down to fit it has worked fine.

One thing I did was to install a bypass switch for the two fans at the top of the condenser. They are controlled by a thermal switch mounted to the condenser. This switch bypasses the thermal switch make the fans run whenever the fridge is calling for cool.

By doing this the fridge is more efficient and our can be set to a number or two lower.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a Norcold large 4-door unit, I had the same problem. Nothing I did helped until I finally realized what other threads meant when they spoke of making sure the flap was fully extended. On the left door there is a hinged flap that has a problem with fully snapping into place when the door closes. While I have read of others removing the door and adding a washer at the bottom of the door hinge pin, I have simply gotten into the habit of always closing the left door first, then reaching in and pulling the flap forward. Then, when I close the right side door, the doors seal properly. Since I have begun doing that, I have had no problems with my fridge, even though the fridge side of the fifth-wheel is in the afternoon sun. The fridge even remained cold (in the low to mid 30s) when the outside temperature soared to 116 degrees a couple of weeks ago.
    2018 Solitude 375RES
    2007 Ram 3500 6.7L Diesel Long-bed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast