User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 solitude loveseat and couch faux leather coating peeling

Help… bad issue with my couch and loveseat fake leather coating is peeling bad. Seems ridiculous for low use camper in their high end price and quality range. Anybody experiencing same and how did grand design respond?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeRVliving View Post
    Help… bad issue with my couch and loveseat fake leather coating is peeling bad. Seems ridiculous for low use camper in their high end price and quality range. Anybody experiencing same and how did grand design respond?
    If you search this forum, you'll see that many had this issue after a few years. Some got covers, some simply replace the couch with a different type. I doubt GD will be any help on a 4 yr rig but who nows.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeRVliving View Post
    I don’t even know what to say

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SAME! Couch “leather” has disintegrated. Don’t bother trying to use your fabric protection insurance. They will not cover it. I am currently in talks with our dealer about getting ours reupholstered. We considered getting a replacement from the manufacturer because they said they could possibly give us a discount. But then I thought, do I really want another one that will likely do the exact same thing in another 3 years?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The product is called "bonded leather" (ground up leather glued to a fabric substrate) and it is used industry wide until you get into the $200K custom coach range. Exposure to UV and body oils or chemicals are it's worst enemy. Peeling after a few years is common. That said, our 2016 Reflection had zero peeling when we sold it after 4-1/2 years, but we didn't let the sun shine on the furniture and made sure we showered before sitting if we had used sunscreen or insect repellent.

If you want better quality RV furniture, check out Lambright RV furniture.

For those of you posting for the first time, welcome to the forum. You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015