User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to believe what I witnessed today…

Driving home today on my 2 hour commute, there was an older travel trailer pulled over with a flat. I turned around and headed back to them. Was a guy changing (I thought) a right rear tire in this tandem axle TT. I asked him if he as ok and needed anything. He barely made eye contact and continued to pull the tire off. I asked him if he needed a hand with the spare and he said he didn’t have one. I offered to take him to the next town and he smugly said no. Perhaps he was just irritated at the moment. Anyway, I drove away and stopped for fuel. As I left the gas station he goes flying by with tires of the remaining 3 spindles As I was approaching him, the TT was listing to the single tire side and some sway as he drove 65MPH (55MPH road) on the 3 wheels remaining. I passed him not wanting to be behind him when hell broke loose. As I was passing I saw that only thing remaining on the tireless axle was the spindle. Drum and brakes were long gone. Hope he made it wherever he was headed.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan_Dreaming View Post
    Driving home today on my 2 hour commute, there was an older travel trailer pulled over with a flat. I turned around and headed back to them. Was a guy changing (I thought) a right rear tire in this tandem axle TT. I asked him if he as ok and needed anything. He barely made eye contact and continued to pull the tire off. I asked him if he needed a hand with the spare and he said he didn’t have one. I offered to take him to the next town and he smugly said no. Perhaps he was just irritated at the moment. Anyway, I drove away and stopped for fuel. As I left the gas station he goes flying by with tires of the remaining 3 spindles As I was approaching him, the TT was listing to the single tire side and some sway as he drove 65MPH (55MPH road) on the 3 wheels remaining. I passed him not wanting to be behind him when hell broke loose. As I was passing I saw that only thing remaining on the tireless axle was the spindle. Drum and brakes were long gone. Hope he made it wherever he was headed.
    Holly cow that's scary and careless.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan_Dreaming View Post
    Makes you wonder whether or not he had just stolen the trailer and was fleeing the crime scene.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged