User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whta4887 View Post
    I’m having a hard time finding that app on the Apple store is it associated with another product?

Is it RV Life?
    I cant find RV Trip Wizard either.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whta4887 View Post
    I’m having a hard time finding that app on the Apple store is it associated with another product?

Is it RV Life?
    Yes, it is the RV Life app.

But.... for me.... it works best when used in combination with the RV Trip Wizard web site app ==> https://www.rvtripwizard.com/login

First you plan your trip on the web site and then you it syncs with the smartphone app and you can use it to refer to your itinerary and get routing from the app abased on what you planned.

I think the app is good for finding campgrounds, and getting information about them. I think it lists some fuel stops and maybe rest areas. I haven't used it to create a route; I'm not sure it does that. I think it's shining feature, and just about the only 2 I use is to look for campgrounds and is a reference to the notes I made in the notes box on the web site version about campgrounds, what I plan to do, etc.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV Life is a suite of tools now, including RV Trip Wizard. For those with longer and taller rigs, the RV Trip Wizard has an “RV Safe” route planner and will let you also choose to avoid highways, tolls, tunnels, and low bridges. I check it’s suggested routes against what Google Maps would plot, and also zoom in on satellite images to “scout” potential trips.

I agree that Gas Buddy is very helpful. The Allstay Camp and RV app is also a great tool to help find campgrounds, fuel stops, Walmarts and Cracker Barrels that will allow overnight stays, points of interest, etc. For almost every point marked in the tool, users have left dated notes on accessibility, condition, best approaches, detours and construction, etc. It is very helpful and has reduced or stress a lot when we were traveling in totally new areas across the country.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a combo of tools. Like many others, we use RV Trip Wizard for route planning. Gas Buddy is helpful but since the data is crowdsourced and not authoritative, we have found numerous issues. We then use RV Trip Diary to log everything in our personal diary so we don’t forget: we put route info in there and fuel station information (even stuff like what pump location was easiest to exit from) and then also site specific information about what site we had, what we liked and what we didn’t. Cell signal strength, wifi etc. it’s great so we remember for the next time all those details and only have to plan it out once.

Here’s the iPhone link for the free RV Trip Diary download (there is also an Android version) https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rv-tri...y/id1401438038

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just took a trip across Ohio, up to Niagra, onto Vermont, up state NH, the Acadia in Maine, down to Boston, NYC, and Philly. Mapped it all with Good Sam trip planner and ported it in to my old Gamin. GoodSam allowed length, height, and a checkbox for carrying propane. Gave me all the Pilot gas stations. Kept me off roads with low clearances and other hazards.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use RV Parky. It's free and has a lot of the same features as RV Trip Wizard.
    We have used both Apps but settled in with RV Parky.
    https://www.rvparky.com

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    We use trip wizard and Google maps.
    I wish Google Maps had a button that says "I'm pulling a trailer". Their routes are not always "RV Friendly".

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use RV Trip Wizard on a PC With a 36 gallon tank and usually not going more than 300 miles a day I don't have to refuel. I use 10 MPG as my average in RV Trip Wizard but I generally get between 11 and 12 MPG actual milage. I generally don't get gas until I reach my destination and setup. Then I drive to a nearby gas station. On those few occasions I do need gas while traveling RV Trip Wizard shows where I need to get gas and I look for truck stops in the area. I also always use the satellite view in Google Maps to check out the gas station I want to use. I make sure there is easy entry and exit to the station as well as the fuel lanes. Truck stops are normally not a problem but I have had to reject some regular gas stations because they looked to tight to maneuver in.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwriley View Post
    I wish Google Maps had a button that says "I'm pulling a trailer". Their routes are not always "RV Friendly".
    Ditto!! Also Google Maps does not always follow a route you import. I usually add a bunch of extra way points into Google Maps directions to make sure it is following the route I want to take and not rerouting me on it's preferred route. One recent trip it tried to route me in a way contrary to the route I imported. The campground I was going to had the unusual warning advising people not to take the route suggested by GPS units because it was not suitable for RVs. Google Maps tried to route me that way even after importing a different route. I had to add extra way points to get it to follow the imported route.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    Truck stops are normally not a problem but I have had to reject some regular gas stations because they looked to tight to maneuver in.
    A place I pass through routinely pulling the boat and RV has a station with a huge lot with easy in and out. But for some reason, they put the pumps right up against the store where you are perpendicular to the store while pumping. It’s so tight that I can’t get gas in my boat there because the truck would be sitting in a parking space. Meanwhile, you could play a football game on the unused section of the lot.

At least there’s plenty of room to turn around and leave when you realize you can’t get to the pumps!
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast