Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
Gas Buddy is also a pretty good app that I use.
I use four devices/means of routing on trips. Pre-planning is the best way to go anywhere BTW.

Google Maps, Google Earth, Truck and RV Fuel Stations App, and an RV GPS. (RV 770 LMT-S)

I am a realist and do not like to take any chances when it is my family that I would be risking. (Me personally, is a different matter.)

I start my route with Google Maps to route me to the destinations after I name/mark the "destinations." Then I look at the routing and pull out the Truck and RV Fuel Stations app to locate the fuel stops WHERE I NEED THEM ALONG MY ROUTE. If I have to alter a route due to fuel stations availability, now is the time to do it. If you are off the major highways, (No Truckstops/RV Lanes) then use Google Earth to drill down to cities along your route that can fit your rig, follow your route until you spot a gas station, then go to street view and look closer if you are still in doubt, look up a potential candidate and call ahead!

Lastly, on the road, I use my Garmin AND Google Maps to take me to my destinations. WHY? Google Maps can warn you of delays, traffic accidents, and other potential hazards (FIRES) and offers re-routing to take you around it. The Garmin insures that on all routes my rig can go safely on that route.