0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also installed Firestone bags mounted air stem bottom center rear bumper

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did an install yesterday on my 2016 F350 Dually. I like the Airlift LoadLifters and this time, since I have a Dually I wanted a bit more "airbag" than the 5000 lb models, so I went with the 7500XLs. I installed them with a bit of help from my neighbor and When I piped them up, I have it set up so that I can put air in the bags from either air valve (left or right) or I can close a pneumatic valve and fill them individually if for some reason I need more air in one side than the other. That would apply to carrying something heavy in the bed of the truck, vs. putting a 5ver pin down on the hitch, which is of course dead center in the truck from left to right.

I didn't do the automatic levelling, as I already have a Viair Compressor in the toolbox in the truck for my air horns, but with the compressor there, all I have to do is a quick hookup of a 25' air hose to the compressor and shoot some air into the bags as needed.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think most people run them in the mid 30's. My reflection adds 1800 lbs to the rear end and I wanted to give my overload springs a little more breathing room so I bumped them up to 50. Not completely sold on it yet and I have a 3 month trip starting this Sunday around the Western US. I'll make adjustments and see what works best for me.
    Ron & Cylinda Mathews
    On The Road
    2021 Reflections 303RLS
    2014 Ford F250 Super Duty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmathews951 View Post
    I think most people run them in the mid 30's.
    Its going to vary depending on truck and trailer, as well as personal preference. I run my bags around 70-74psi. That's what it takes to bring my truck back to unloaded height.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting to see folks numbers on here. On paper our Suburban has a 2100lb payload but as these things age the springs sag. I noticed last year we were just off the bump stops at 1700lbs of load. We picked up the airlift ride control set for about $255 off Amazon. It took me two hours to install. We now run it at 26psi and it’s doing a great job.

I did have to buy a drop receiver and lower to tongue 2” to keep the trailer slightly nose down.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess to be specific, I fill the bags to 50psi unloaded and when I connect the 5th, the psi goes to 70. My bags are rated for 100psi under load so I have 30 psi to play with.
    Ron & Cylinda Mathews
    On The Road
    2021 Reflections 303RLS
    2014 Ford F250 Super Duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little late replying but her it is. I installed air bags on our 2015 Ram 1500 eco-diesel as the 1500's have rear coil suspension. I'm a big fan with air bags on that truck, it really makes the truck ride a lot better and reduces the bounce both towing and non-towing. With our trailer hooked up I set the air bags around 32psi. Ours are manual fill and the air stem is located inside the bed at the right rear. I was looking into an auto inflate when I first installed them, but after using them for almost 7 years, and rarely having to readjust them, i see no need for auto fill compressor unless you want a small compressor on board to fill tires, toys etc.
    I cannot remember the brand right now, but they were made to replace the stock bump stops and bolt into place on the pads that are there. No drilling required. It took me less than 2 hrs to install the whole thing.
    Absolutely worth it.
    2021 GD 150 Series Reflection 260RD, Lifted 3" with solar. Lippert Turning Point Pin Box. 300watt Inverter. TV = 2021 4wd Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab I6 Cummins Diesel, 6'4" bed, Curt A16 puck system, Custom Bed Tank.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234