User Tag List

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shout out to SoftStartRV

Last year I got an A/C softstart device from SoftStartRV and installed it. I'll admit I'm frugal and this one was at a discount to the Easy start 364. Directions were clear and a straight forward process if you have any electrical experience. Fast forward to this week and during the evening Monday I woke up during the night feeling a bit sticky. At first I rolled over and went back to sleep but woke again noticing the A/C was running an unusually long time and the humidity was up there inside.
    A quick diagnosis was the A/C quit on me. When I got to my house I was able to pull the cover and check things. The fan was but the compressor wasn't running. With the meter I found no voltage at the compressor. I then noticed a red RUN indicator light. A quick check and I learned the SoftStartRV was in protect mode. I opened a trouble ticket with SoftStartRV stating what I found and knew and got a quick response. They asked for one more confirmation and if that wasn't it a few suggestions. It turned out there was an internal failure on the module. They immediately went into action and had a new one overnighted to me with all necessary connectors and fasteners. I installed it in an hour this morning and have my A/C unit cooling the trailer now.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-02-2021 at 02:29 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Last year I got an A/C softstart device from SoftStartRV and installed it. I'll admit I'm frugal and this one was at a discount to the Easy start 364. Directions were clear and a straight forward process if you have any electrical experience. Fast forward to this week and during the evening Monday I woke up during the night feeling a bit sticky. At first I rolled over and went back to sleep but woke again noticing the A/C was running an unusually long time and the humidity was up there inside.
    A quick diagnosis was the A/C quit on me. When I got to my house I was able to pull the cover and check things. The fan was but the compressor wasn't running. With the meter I found no voltage at the compressor. I then noticed a [COLOR="#FF0000"]red run indicator light[COLOR="#FF0000"] A quick check and I learned the SoftStartRV was in protect mode. I opened a trouble ticket with SoftStartRV stating what I found and knew and got a quick response. They asked for one more confirmation and if that wasn't it a few suggestions. It turned out there was an internal failure on the module. They immediately went into action and had a new one overnighted to me with all necessary connectors and fasteners. I installed it in an hour this morning and have my A/C unit cooling the trailer now.
    It is always good to hear a company has good customer support and stands behind their product. I installed 2 of the 364's on my TR. They work great. Thanks for the update.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to hear!
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came across a graph of startup amps on standard RV A/C start capacitor versus SoftStart by Mike Sokol.

RVelectricity: Hard start capacitors vs. SoftStartRV. Big difference! https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-electric...ft-start-caps/
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Came across a graph of startup amps on standard RV A/C start capacitor versus SoftStart by Mike Sokol.

RVelectricity: Hard start capacitors vs. SoftStartRV. Big difference! https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-electric...ft-start-caps/
    Thanks for looking that up. I worked industrial electric, lots of big motors, so I kinda knew what to expect. Companies will spend big money to reduce full load amps on start up.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.