Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2017 Ram dually says:

80 psi Front
    65 psi Rear

Works well for me. I tow a 20,000 lbs trailer with 4000 pin weight.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post
    My 2017 Ram dually says:

80 psi Front
    65 psi Rear

Works well for me. I tow a 20,000 lbs trailer with 4000 pin weight.
    Same here.....2016 F350 Dually.....75 psi front and 65 psi rears. 2018 Momentum 394M 20K GVWR and about 3800 lbs of pin weight.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to get precise about it, go to the site of the manufacturer of your tire. They typically have loading charts that tell you what PSI to run in your tires to support a specific load. Once you have that, get your axle weights (Cat scale) and then adjust the tires to support the load on your tires. If you have a dually, take the axle weight reported by the scale, divide by 4, and look on the chart to figure out how many PSI you need to support that load. I typically go up a little bit beyond that.

If you have 19.5 tires, you won't need nearly the sidewall pressure to support the load on any Grand Design. 19.5's typically get up to around 4000/tire at 100-120PSI. That would be 16,000 on your rear axle, which, unless you've filled the back of the truck with concrete, you're not going to even get close to. I don't have my weights in front of me, but, IIRC, my rear axle is around 7K with the RV attached. So inflation that can support 2K/tire is more than enough. For my tires, the lowest allowable is 70PSI, which is what I run all the time because it's way more than enough to support my heaviest trailer.

Here's a load and inflation table, so you know what it looks like:

http://roadmastertires.com/CooperRoa...ationTable.pdf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On most of your 2500 (3/4 ton) and 3500 (1 ton) vehicles, the tires are going to be load range E (max 80psi).
    Manufacturer always puts there own sticker on the door to cover their butts.
    On my megacab dually I've added aftermarket wheels so I'am 275/65R20 BFG all-terrain (load range E).
    I ran 70-72 in the front and 68 in the rears. Rides great and the tires never hot, and in most cases not even really warm. So, everyone has to test different settings until they find tire pressure that works well with their vehicle and RV.

I've got 285/75R17 (which is a load range E) on my Jeep and run 28-30 all the way around.
    Some guy's even run less with no issues.
    Ralf & Cheryl
    USAF - Ret
    2020 Ram Megacab Dually Night Edition 4x4, 6.7 Cummins HD, Exh Brake, AISIN 6sp Auto, 3.73 gears
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS - Ultimate Power - Peace of Mind - Arctic 4-Seasons Protection Packages

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jenkins View Post
    We bought our Reflection 320MKS in January -- had it delivered to the campground and have been living in it ever since while dealing with some health issues. In April we bought a 2018 RAM 3500, Cummins Diesel, crew cab, long bed, Dual Rear Wheels. We have never taken this combo on the road, but are now ready to travel. Fully loaded weight of the trailer is 14,000 pounds, but we probably won't be quite fully loaded. What tire pressures are recommended for the truck?

If it's the same as the 2020 model, it's 80psi front, and 65psi rear, all cold. I run that with our Momentum 399th fully loaded, and haven't had a problem.
    Chuck & Madelyn
    2021 M399th
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 MC DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    If you want to get precise about it, go to the site of the manufacturer of your tire. They typically have loading charts that tell you what PSI to run in your tires to support a specific load. Once you have that, get your axle weights (Cat scale) and then adjust the tires to support the load on your tires. If you have a dually, take the axle weight reported by the scale, divide by 4, and look on the chart to figure out how many PSI you need to support that load. I typically go up a little bit beyond that.

If you have 19.5 tires, you won't need nearly the sidewall pressure to support the load on any Grand Design. 19.5's typically get up to around 4000/tire at 100-120PSI. That would be 16,000 on your rear axle, which, unless you've filled the back of the truck with concrete, you're not going to even get close to. I don't have my weights in front of me, but, IIRC, my rear axle is around 7K with the RV attached. So inflation that can support 2K/tire is more than enough. For my tires, the lowest allowable is 70PSI, which is what I run all the time because it's way more than enough to support my heaviest trailer.

Here's a load and inflation table, so you know what it looks like:

http://roadmastertires.com/CooperRoa...ationTable.pdf
    Overtaxed has the best advice. Set your tires to your actual loading using CAT scale info and the manufactures tire chart. I have a mega-cab short bed dually and tow a 303RLS. 75lbs in the front, and 45lbs in the back. I could probably go lower in the back if I wanted too, but I always increase a bit for high speed interstate traveling. There is a loss of breaking performance, i.e. safety, if the tires are overinflated for the load. Overinflation reduces tire patch contact area with the pavement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jenkins View Post
    We bought our Reflection 320MKS in January -- had it delivered to the campground and have been living in it ever since while dealing with some health issues. In April we bought a 2018 RAM 3500, Cummins Diesel, crew cab, long bed, Dual Rear Wheels. We have never taken this combo on the road, but are now ready to travel. Fully loaded weight of the trailer is 14,000 pounds, but we probably won't be quite fully loaded. What tire pressures are recommended for the truck?
    First get only the truck weighed by doing this first you will be able to figure the pin weight later. Second get combination weight of TV & TT . Then your question can be better answered by using an inflation guide, one was posted earlier.

https://tirepressure.com add about 10%

If inflated to maximum psi. and it’s not required, 🙂 the tire will run to heavy in the center placing undue stress on the overall casing construction and wearing out the center tread prematurely. If under inflated 🙁, the tire will wear heavy on the outside tread and sidewall causing stress on the construction of the tire and possibly a delamination event.
    Your target psi. is a nice even tread face 😐 contact to the ground. Use the min. max. information which the manufacturer has supplied you with and trust what the tire is showing you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D0221174-118E-4138-A3C9-0D3FBFE19029.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	35503
    This is what how tire should appear using a dry method or make the ground wet and pull through the water and then observe.

Generally, as the abeyant temperature changes, your tire pressure will be effected by 1 psi for each 10 degrees up or down in temperature change.
    Tires have been engineered to withstand the increase in pressure as they heat up during transport.
    Will this eliminate tire issues no, but it will significantly reduce the likelihood of a tire failure and insure the tire is operating with all the tread on the ground and the tire construction is fully supported and mitigate encounters with those pot holes and FOD.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12