User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Awning won’t open

Hi All

Hoping someone can help me solve an issue with the front awning. We have a 2021 2970RL we arrived at the campground and tried to open the front awning and it won’t deploy. When pushing the button on the control centre nothing happens and you can hear a clicking noise coming from under the bathroom sink. It seems there is a relay installed there. The rear awning works with no issues. This is our third trip with this rig and no issues with the awnings so far. They haven’t been Left open and exposed to high winds or rain. Also tried using the compass connect app but still no joy. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved to appropriate sub-forum.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G&M2970RL View Post
    Hi All

Hoping someone can help me solve an issue with the front awning. We have a 2021 2970RL we arrived at the campground and tried to open the front awning and it won’t deploy. When pushing the button on the control centre nothing happens and you can hear a clicking noise coming from under the bathroom sink. It seems there is a relay installed there. The rear awning works with no issues. This is our third trip with this rig and no issues with the awnings so far. They haven’t been Left open and exposed to high winds or rain. Also tried using the compass connect app but still no joy. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    If you hear a click for the relay then there's something wrong with either the wiring to the motor or the motor itself. Possibly the wire from the awning got pulled out? That would be my first step.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to cover all bases (cuz it has happened) ... are you sure it got rolled in the correct direction? Have you tried "retracting" to extend?
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip but unfortunately it didn’t correct the problem.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought, Do you hear a clicking in the motor of your awning? My 2970 does not us a relay for the awnings. I had an inoperative awning and it turned out to be the brake in the motor. I disassembled the motor and cleaned the rust from the brake and cured the problem. Dealer wanted to replace the motor for $500.00.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No unfortunately the clicking is coming from under the bathroom sink on what I assume is a relay panel of some type. Just got home on Monday so I will be taking a look at the wiring to see if anything is loose. Hopefully a quick fix as our dealer is backed up and says 5-6 weeks before they can look at it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G&M2970RL View Post
    No unfortunately the clicking is coming from under the bathroom sink on what I assume is a relay panel of some type. Just got home on Monday so I will be taking a look at the wiring to see if anything is loose. Hopefully a quick fix as our dealer is backed up and says 5-6 weeks before they can look at it.
    You must have a different 2970RL than I have because the only clicking noise I have under the bathroom sink is the slide controller for the kitchen slide.