User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 Ac has soft start

We have a 2930rl and went out last weekend for the 1st trip ran the ac and it was so quiet only here air from fan . This got me thinking something was up no bang at start up nothing.
    Wonder if we have soft start already . So when we got home I plugged it in on 15 amps and sure enough it starts no problem.
    I hooked up our wen 2250 generator and it started it on high no problem also turn all the lights on and tv and still no overload light.
    Was going to buy soft starts glad I didn't. I looked this up came up with nothing really. I haven't taken the covers off to make sure they are soft start but somthing is different.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great news (for the consumer). What brand/model AC came with your camper?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJimmer View Post
    That's great news (for the consumer). What brand/model AC came with your camper?
    Furrions are standard this way

Mine runs off of a 15 amp and extension cord no problem

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Furrion starts and runs on 15A no problems, but I usually plug it into a 20 when I'm home.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are colman mach not sure on model.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soft start shouldn't affect the overall sound of the A/C (except maybe when the compressor kicks on). It being quiet is not caused by soft start.

Newly full timing in our 2021 Momentum 395MS-R with our tow pig being a 2021 F-450 KR

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've often wondered about the Coleman Mach AC units on my rig too. When at home, I have a 50' extension cord plugged into a 20A receptacle and dog boned to the RV. I don't know what the amperage loss is with that length of extension cord but both my 15K and 13.5K AC's start up and run. Not both at the same time but individually. I was surprised. I need to get on the roof and take the covers off and look for soft starts.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are Coleman and this is now standard, you may not be able to tell looking under the hood. I've heard they started putting RV Airflow standard in at least one of TBE units which would account for it being quieter. A couple of weeks ago, I added soft starts to both our units. According to the Micro Air app, they go from 30 amps at startup to 14.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradnailer View Post
    If they are Coleman and this is now standard, you may not be able to tell looking under the hood. I've heard they started putting RV Airflow standard in at least one of TBE units which would account for it being quieter. A couple of weeks ago, I added soft starts to both our units. According to the Micro Air app, they go from 30 amps at startup to 14.
    My AC units didn't come with the Airflow systems installed but I did this mod https://bit.ly/36p8Ujr and the air flow has improved tremendously. Well worth the time it took and the $30 in materials to do the mod.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm able to run the main A/C (Coleman 15K BTU) on my unit, with a 15A receptacle.

Haven't pulled the cover off the roof top unit to see what it has in it.

As others have mentioned, there's no 'hard start' when the compressor kicks in, just the same consistent sound level.

My unit also came with the RV Airflow in the main AC unit. The bedroom A/C doesn't have one (Assuming because it removes the "air dump" option).
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast