Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this is a problem with AC

We bought our new 2021 Reflection 303 in February an upgrade from our original 230. We are now in northeastern Oregon campground hosting. When the recent heat wave hit we started running the AC. We noticed that, unlike the 230, unit in the living room has no air flowing. The smaller ceiling vents have plenty of air flow and there are no problems with cooling the unit. The bedroom unit has air flowing from the main as well as ceiling vents. Seems odd but like I said as far as cooling the unit everything seems to be working.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this is a problem with AC

Sounds fine to me

The rv airflow likely in your unit is working

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RV airflow doesn't allow the dump feature to work. It seals that area off to force more air through the vents and also reduces the fan noise of the AC. We just changed ours to the RV airflow and can't believe the reduction in noise while still cooling the RV.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments. The AC in this trailer does run considerably quieter than the previous.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my A/C unit when I questioned the amount of air coming out of it I found that the baffle that separates intake from output had fallen down. You have to take the cover off the interior of the A/C unit to see it, but it's pretty obvious. As long as you have it open test the tightness of the A/C retaining bolts, some of mine had worked loose.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021s have the RV Airflow mod factory installed. As Red stated above, it blocks the “dump” vent and forces more flow through the vents and makes it run quieter. Link to RV Airflow mod = https://rvairflow.com/
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    2021s have the RV Airflow mod factory installed. As Red stated above, it blocks the “dump” vent and forces more flow through the vents and makes it run quieter. Link to RV Airflow mod = https://rvairflow.com/
    They missed some. I have a 2021 315rlts bought 4 21. It had the duct inserts but did not have the center piece. So after reading about rv air flow I got one and installed center piece.