User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...when folks have their generators running and I don't want to hear that racket, I will play my music inside and/or outside.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do some people think that others want to hear their music? I go camping to enjoy the sounds of nature, not to be subjected to any kind of music, even if it's music that I might otherwise enjoy. If one MUST have music at their campsite, take a whort walk to the neighbors' sites to ensure the music cannot be heard...I mean cannot be heard at all! The use of small personal bluetooth speakers is a good one, what's even better is to use headphones or earbuds!

I guess it comes down to consideration of others, whether it's playing music or talking too loudly or a yapping dog or an unmufflered generator...think about those around you. I'm preaching to myself as well.
    2020 Grand Design 230 RL
    2019 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    One time we were camping next to a couple in their 70's at a State Park that didn't realize their outside speakers were left on at full blast. They decided to watch an R rated movie and the entire loop of campers were serenaded to the "F Bomb" numerous times. I laughed hysterically and then went over and let them know because there were a lot of little kids still outside playing. it was the highlight of our stay there!
    Been there, done that. Its embarrassing! We really only use ours at the racetrack. Noise isn't much of an issue there.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The speakers, both inside and outside, are junk for music and movies. Mostly I use mine at very low levels, playing background music at low, low levels. Otherwise, they are designed to play sports off the TV or radio.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes they are junk, as are most RV speakers. I always replace mine with good coax car speakers. This time it's with 8" marine speakers inside and the sound is night and day.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you replace them without damaging the inside ceiling and outside fiberglass? I've been wanting to change these 4 POS speakers out since the first day I heard them!
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, lets not stop there.... There is also outside TV's, portable radios, (as stated) generators, unsupervised kids, campground speeders, loud truck mufflers, ATVs, motorcycles, etc.. All can contribute to the camping experience. Heck even at our permeant residence in our home town, they have a no fireworks ordinance for all days except july 4th. Do you think that keeps them from firing them off anyways after a Chiefs win or other popular event or holidays.....NO.

So, my wife and I have come to the conclusion that people are people, and no matter how much you may personally not enjoy their "occasional" actions while camping or even in your own residence, just to ignore it and go on. We have found that most don't intentionally try to disturb others around them, but after a few "drinks" and or a popular event some want to celebrate and let their hair down. As long as they don't make it personal, we tend to be the forgivers and let them enjoy their outings.
    Last edited by trailrydr; 10-08-2021 at 02:31 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Well, lets not stop there.... There is also outside TV's, portable radios, (as stated) generators, unsupervised kids, campground speeders, load truck mufflers, ATVs, motorcycles, etc.. All can contribute to the camping experience.
    HEY, you forgot about the ever present annoying BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP of construction equipment starting up at 7am at an expanding campground.....
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    How do you replace them without damaging the inside ceiling and outside fiberglass? I've been wanting to change these 4 POS speakers out since the first day I heard them!
    Very good questions grasshopper, lol

On the inside you 2 options
    1 enlarge the existing holes
    2 use a box and screw that to the ceiling
    #1 looks better and that's what wifey chose. I would have done the 2nd.
    For #1 , measure the mounting depth available as spacer rings might be needed. Also verify that the ceiling board is continuous so that the jigsaw works as expected.

On the outside, I found some 6.5" marine enclosures that worked perfectly. Here are some pix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1170191.jpg   P1170192.jpg   P1170193.jpg  
    Dan and Rita

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Very good questions grasshopper, lol

On the inside you 2 options
    1 enlarge the existing holes
    2 use a box and screw that to the ceiling
    #1 looks better and that's what wifey chose. I would have done the 2nd.
    For #1 , measure the mounting depth available as spacer rings might be needed. Also verify that the ceiling board is continuous so that the jigsaw works as expected.

On the outside, I found some 6.5" marine enclosures that worked perfectly. Here are some pix.
    What.... no blue light? Just kidding.... always thought that was a little much on the factory speakers.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast